Eisenhower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eisenhower

US headcommsnder General Eisenoiwer conjured his parajuters to vicoiry before their military task 20191121_064939.jpg on Normandy in 1944. Of 20.000 soldiers were 14.000 fallen killed by German defenders.

Casanova, I don't understand your post. Are you saying the Airborne Troops lost over 14,000 in Normandy? They also were fighting in 1945.

Pruitt
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by casanova View Post
      US headcommsnder General Eisenoiwer conjured his parajuters to vicoiry before their military task 20191121_064939.jpg on Normandy in 1944. Of 20.000 soldiers were 14.000 fallen killed by German defenders.
      ?
      Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
        ...I don't understand your post...
        None of us understand his posts.

Comment

Originally posted by III Corps View Post

None of us understand his posts.
          Perhaps I can aid:
          conjured his parajuters" WOULD APPEAR TO indicate producing a force of burlap bag sewers out of ,literally, 'thin air'

Perhaps I can't aid......
          The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Suez Crisis
            330px-Nasser_and_Eisenhower%2C_1960.jpg

When Israel refused to withdraw its troops from the Gaza Strip and Sharm el-Sheikh, Eisenhower declared, "We must not allow Europe to go flat on its back for the want of oil." He sought UN-backed efforts to impose economic sanctions on Israel until it fully withdrew from Egyptian territory.

Senate Majority Leader Lyndon B. Johnson and minority leader William Knowland objected to American pressure on Israel.

Johnson told the Secretary of State John Foster Dulles that he wanted him to oppose "with all its skill" any attempt to apply sanctions on Israel.[308] Dulles rebuffed Johnson's request, and informed Eisenhower of the objections made by the Senate. Eisenhower was "insistent on applying economic sanctions" to the extent of cutting off private American assistance to Israel which was estimated to be over $100 million a year.

Ultimately, the Democratic Party-controlled Senate would not cooperate with Eisenhower's position on Israel.

Eisenhower finally told Congress he would take the issue to the American people, saying, "America has either one voice or none, and that voice is the voice of the President – whether everybody agrees with him or not."

The President spoke to the nation by radio and television where he outlined Israel's refusal to withdraw, explaining his belief that the UN had "no choice but to exert pressure upon Israel".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suez_Crisis

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X