Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New footage of Stalin and Hitler together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New footage of Stalin and Hitler together?

i've heard there's new rare footage of stalin and hitler meeting together.

has anyone else heard about this?

bb

No.

Hp
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

To my knowledge at no time did Hitler ever meet Stalin. The negotiations for the 1939 pact were conducted by Molotov in Berlin and by Ribbentrop in Moscow. Even up to 1941 neither leader had visited the other, merely delegations of diplomats travelling to both Capitals.

If there is footage I would question its authenticity.
      "The Eastern front is like a house of cards. If the front is broken through at one point all the rest will collapse."- General Heinz Guderian

"Oakland Raiders: Committed to Excellence"

Comment

Originally posted by Gott Heinrici View Post
        To my knowledge at no time did Hitler ever meet Stalin. The negotiations for the 1939 pact were conducted by Molotov in Berlin and by Ribbentrop in Moscow. Even up to 1941 neither leader had visited the other, merely delegations of diplomats travelling to both Capitals.

If there is footage I would question its authenticity.
        And rightly so. Hitler's meetings with other dictators are well recorded: like with Mussolini during the Berlin Olympic games in 1936 and Hitler's visit to Rome in 1937. (BTW: if you ever want to see this visit covered from a unique angle, watch Ettore Scola's superb movie 'Una giornata particolare' with Sophia Loren and Marcello Mastroianni (the blaring radio covering the visit throughout the movie is the third main actor...)
        Hitler met Franco in Hendaye (Pyrenees) in 1940.

As for Stalin: it was really difficult for foreign heads of state to meet with Stalin. Paranoid (and for good reasons) as he was he wanted to stay in USSR if he could help it: Teheran (inside Soviet sphere of influence in Persia ) in 1943 and Potsdam (Soviet zone) in 1945, even well inside a safe zone were already exceptions. For Stalin to have come to Berlin or a neutral capital to meet Hitler was unthinkable.
        3 bottles of champagne, 3 wenches and 20 miles on horseback; all in 3 hours!

Comment

Interesting side note : For the recent film "downfall" or "der Untergang" the Actor studied film of Hitler in a meeting with Marshal Mannerheim for his role.
          "The Eastern front is like a house of cards. If the front is broken through at one point all the rest will collapse."- General Heinz Guderian

"Oakland Raiders: Committed to Excellence"

Comment

new footage of stalin and hitler together

In Edvard Radzinski's work on Stalin, he states that purportedly, a meeting between Hitler and Stalin took place at Lwow on or about October 17, 1939. The meeting had been arranged by Ribbentrop. Radzinski further offers that a message from FBI Director Hooever in 1940 noted the meeting that was brought to his attention by a "reliable source." If this is true, it would probably be one of the most secret wartime meetings ever held. To have been a fly on the wall for that one!

Comment

Originally posted by Gott Heinrici View Post
              Interesting side note : For the recent film "downfall" or "der Untergang" the Actor studied film of Hitler in a meeting with Marshal Mannerheim for his role.
              Hitler flew to Helsinki for that one IIRC.
              http://www.irelandinhistory.blogspot.ie/

Comment

I heard some rumour that there was some snafu in airports antiaircraft units at time and they were really close to open fire against Hitler's transport plane.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodiestbattle View Post
                  i've heard there's new rare footage of stalin and hitler meeting together.

has anyone else heard about this?

bb
                  There is alot of footage on Hitler and Mussinlini meeting and talking,More likliy the rare footage you were talking about was Hitler and Mussinlini.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X