Daily Quiz Reload: What Do YOU want?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Quiz Reload: What Do YOU want?

Obviously we are making some changes at HistoryNet, and one of those is our regular and long-running feature called Daily Quiz. On the one hand we don't want to mess with something that people have enjoyed for years - but on the other we don't want to assume that nothing can be improved. We want your feedback.

Please consider the poll options and which is most important to you. You can check more than one option!

(free registration to the HistoryNet/Armchair General forums required)

Take the quizzes here;

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...p?do=Cat&id=12
    Questions are too easy
    4.79%
    Questions are too hard
    4.19%
    I like the subject matter
    50.90%
    I dislike the subject matter
    0.00%
    Prizes are important to me
    18.56%
    Prizes are not important to me
    21.56%
    Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

What do you want?

I enjoy the daily quiz and have played it for years. I have seen the evolution of it over the years (since 1990) and liked the general history questions especially those in American History. I would like this to continue seven days a week if possible. Also have it easy to get to on the website. I don't like to spend more time looking for the question than I do answering it. I am not the most techniqually oriented person so if you make changes in the look of the website, stick to them for a while. Don't change the look every week. Thank you for this website. I have enjoyed it for years and have recommended it to people a lot.

Comment

The Daily Quiz will be right smack in the middle of the page. We know it is important to a lot of people and we are now making it easier for everyone to find.

Thanks for your long time support. We think this iteration of the site will be better than those which have come before us!

Originally posted by dhfrancis View Post
      Also have it easy to get to on the website. I don't like to spend more time looking for the question than I do answering it. I am not the most techniqually oriented person so if you make changes in the look of the website, stick to them for a while. Don't change the look every week. Thank you for this website. I have enjoyed it for years and have recommended it to people a lot.

Comment

I like the daily quiz the way it is: short, quick, questions that are both informative and challenging. I did liked it when the right answers were accumulated, but I can understand this is a lot of bookkeeping.

Comment

I have been playing the quiz daily for years. I am anxious to see it return. Keep up the good work.

Comment

OK, as promised, here is our first "Weekly Quiz" which is only TEMPORARY until we can get the new and improved Daily Quiz functioning properly. First some information to pass along;

Playing this weekly quiz does require you to re-register. When we moved sites the old registrations didn't transfer. I'm sorry for this minor inconvenience, but registration is free, no personal information is required other than a functioning email address, and this will allow you to play our trivia, comment on our articles, and if you wish - to participate on our forums.

When you register the first time, our system will send you an email as a means of confirmation. Keep an eye out for it as it usually arrives immediately. If not, it is probably in your spam folder.

When you take the 5 question quiz, you won't see the answers right away. They will be sent to you in a private message (you'll get a message explaining this as soon as you complete the quiz). At the end of the week I'll post the complete answers, with the lengthy explanations that normally accompany Daily Quiz questions. These 5 questions were the next 5 Daily Quizzes - so even though you won't be taking one per day, the content is identical.

By taking the quiz you will be automatically entered into our weekly drawing for a $50 credit to our store at HistoryNetShop.com. Anyone who participates in the quiz will be eligible (ie you don't have to get them all right). This is our way of saying thanks for taking the time to participate.

And without further fanfare, here is the first Weekly Quiz for April 1-4.

Comment

I just took the weekly quiz, and wasn't given credit for a correct answer on question 4. I see you don't have to get them all right to be eligible for the drawing but you might want to see if it's fixable. Now for my two cents worth on the future daily quiz, my least favorite question was a quotation question other then that I loved the daily quiz.

Comment

Originally posted by btsyshsbnd View Post
                I just took the weekly quiz, and wasn't given credit for a correct answer on question 4. I see you don't have to get them all right to be eligible for the drawing but you might want to see if it's fixable. Now for my two cents worth on the future daily quiz, my least favorite question was a quotation question other then that I loved the daily quiz.
                Fixed! You scored correct on all 5.

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...rboard&type=36

Comment

Once you are registered you can see all our other trivia here;

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forums/quiz.php

Comment

I enjoy the quizzes just as they are now, not to hard while being informative. Thank you for the work you have put into it each day.

Comment

I have enjoyed the Daily Quiz for quite some time and think they are fine just the way they are.

Comment

Daily quiz

I enjoy the daily quiz, but would like to see three questions like www.military.com does. Makes it more interesting and challenging.

Comment

I was a bit annoyed that I had to reinitiate my membership; it wasn't that much of a pain, but now I'm back to square one on all forums quizzes etc. I'll have to re-do my profile as well. I did enjoy the one question format; since y'all gave sufficient explanation on why I was right or wrong on a given question.

Comment

I like the subject matter.

Comment

New weekly quiz

Is there a weekly quiz for April 7-11?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X