Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hope you don't find this post to be redundant.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope you don't find this post to be redundant.

I made a brief intro previously but I don't see it here. So here goes again.

I am new to the forum but a somewhat experienced Napoleonic "lead pusher".

I started wargaming Napoleonics in Guam in about 1976. We had a very active club at that time. I got away from gaming for a long time and have recently decided to pick it back up.

I started, way-back-when with a British/Allied army and a French/Continental army comprising some 1500 Scruby 30mm figures. I used the Veitmeier System then and have come to respect it.

I then moved to 15mm and subsequently to 10mm. I also have a very wide range of Prince August molds in 25mm. I think I have every one they made. I probably have cast about two thousand figures from those molds.

I am now a retired Naval officer and college professor.

I sincerely hope I am ble to add something to the various conversations.
    Last edited by Doc Hoy; 21 Jun 10, 14:43.

Welcome Doc Hoy. You should find a lot of other Napoleonic era buffs around. Its quite a popular time period around here.
    [Official Game Thread] "To the Berezina River" Napoleonic Game

Comment

How about some opinions

I would love to find a good Napoleonic computer game. I have looked at Total War Napoleon. Any opinions?

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Hoy View Post
        I would love to find a good Napoleonic computer game. I have looked at Total War Napoleon. Any opinions?
        I never could get a fancy for that game system although I do have all the others of the Total War series.

You may want to post in the Gaming section of the forums and see what kind of feedback you get there.
        [Official Game Thread] "To the Berezina River" Napoleonic Game

Comment

Hello Doc, my knowledge of Nappy games is very slim, but Slitherine has a title Commander: Napoleon at War. Grand strategy turn based hex using and I like it myself.

Welcome to the forums.
          Life is change. Built models for decades.
          Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
          I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, folks. I had a game called Fields of Glory, which I liked but can't seem to find a current version.

I will G/A and check the games forum.

Comment

Welcome to the forums Doc.
              In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes
              - Benjamin Franklin, U.S. statesman, author, and scientist

Comment

Hello and welcome to the ACG forums..enjoy
                "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
                "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X