Greetings from Saigon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Saigon

Well, District 11, for those of you who know where that is.

I'm a VN vet, having served in the delta for all of my 17 months in-country.

I've been going back-and-forth to VN since 1998, but actually living here about three years.

Boonierat, I'll get over to your map page with some specifics. I'll be the southernmost guy there -- a bit below the guy who was in Bac Lieu.

Doug Reese
    FO, 6/31 Inf, 9th Inf Div (more or less Long An Province)
    MATS IV-76, An Xuyen Province, Nam Can District

PS. While I'm thinking of it -- for the poster who asked about Son Tay . . . . I've been over there several times, the first being in 1998, the last in late 2007. There weren't too many changes in those nine years, just a little more over growth, and more of the buildings (well, ruins) were a bit more run-down. Remember, they pretty much leveled the place in that rescue attempt.

Welcome.
    Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Originally posted by Rojik View Post
      Welcome.
      Thanks . . . please give my regards to Elin.

Doug

Comment

I'm assuming you're the same Doug from SFTT, which wisely has no more forum. WELCOME DOUG!

Comment

Originally posted by steelpot View Post
          I'm assuming you're the same Doug from SFTT, which wisely has no more forum. WELCOME DOUG!
          That be me.

It was just those two guys posting the last few months SFTT was running, wasn't it? I ran into Redleg on another forum a while ago . . .

Doug

Comment

Welcome to ACG mate! You'll have lot's of fun sharing your knowledge and gaining some too!

Thanks for your service!
            "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

Originally posted by dougreese View Post
              Thank you for your service in the cause of Freedom for the Vietnamese people

Comment

Boonierat, I'll get over to your map page with some specifics. I'll be the southernmost guy there -- a bit below the guy who was in Bac Lieu.

Doug Reese
                Polar Bear in the Mekong Delta heh?

Welcome to ACG Doug Nam Can you say? that's the south of the south no doubt, I would be glad to hear more about your time in the mangroves of the U Minh

Comment

Well, District 11, for those of you who know where that is.

I've been going back-and-forth to VN since 1998, but actually living here about three years.

Doug Reese

PS. While I'm thinking of it -- for the poster who asked about Son Tay . . . . I've been over there several times, the first being in 1998, the last in late 2007. There weren't too many changes in those nine years, just a little more over growth, and more of the buildings (well, ruins) were a bit more run-down. Remember, they pretty much leveled the place in that rescue attempt.
                  Hello Doug and welcome to ACG forums...Thank you for your service and once again..Welcome
                  "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
                  "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Boonierat View Post

Welcome to ACG Doug Nam Can you say? that's the south of the south no doubt, I would be glad to hear more about your time in the mangroves of the U Minh
                    Mangroves of the U Minh? Nay Nay, Boonie, the mangroves of the Nam Can. There's two of them forests down thar'!

Go over to your map later, and I'll give you some details so you can put me on it.

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by Boonierat View Post

Oh, very good . . . most people wouldn't know about the Polar Bear connection. As far as that goes, I didn't till a few years ago!

The reunion that we have/go to, is for the 31st Regiment. Until recently, it was populated and run by Korean Vets. As of maybe 5-6 years ago, VN Vets have pretty much taken over . . . . . we have a few WWII guys still attending, too.

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Saigon View Post
                        Thank you for your service in the cause of Freedom for the Vietnamese people
                        Thanks Huyen . . . . you too, Robbielynne.

Doug

Comment

Doug-it is possible to quote multifarious posts in the same post-you probably just didn't know that so it's ok, but it looks like a quotation mark with a plus sign.

Cheers!
                          "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

Originally posted by Super Six 4 View Post
                            Doug-it is possible to quote multifarious posts in the same post-you probably just didn't know that so it's ok, but it looks like a quotation mark with a plus sign.

Cheers!
                            Correct, Andrew, I didn't know that. In fact, there's a wealth of things I don't know

I did try it out, though. I can see it's going to take a little learnin' on my part.

Doug

Comment

Correct, Andrew, I didn't know that. In fact, there's a wealth of things I don't know

I did try it out, though. I can see it's going to take a little learnin' on my part.

Doug
                              Well yes, all us already here had to learn it too

--Hávamál

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X