Hello from Hanoi, Vietnam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Hanoi, Vietnam

My name is Kurtz, I work and live in Hanoi, Vietnam with my wife Jane and our kitten Dari.
    I'm ex-military guy. My main interest is Vietnam war.
    See everyone around campus!

welcome to ACG kurtz,ray..

Comment

You'll be running into some of our forum members. For decent Vietnamese coffee you'll have to get down to Hue or points further south. But Hanoi had a great selection of teas. If you run out the to Son Tay site, you might post something on the condition it's in now. When I was out there in 04 or 05, they had planted trees all over the old prison camp, probably for erosion control, but the residents were upset at anyone walking around snapping pictures. Apparently it was a military dependent area.
      dit: Lirelou

Phong trần mài một lưỡi gươm, Những loài giá áo túi cơm sá ǵ!

Comment

It is always good to have more people show up who are interested in the Vietnam era. Come on by the VN section and get involved. We have a great CO over there and a lot of Vets. It is a good place.

Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Spike78 View Post
          My name is Kurtz, I work and live in Hanoi, Vietnam with my wife Jane and our kitten Dari.
          I'm ex-military guy. My main interest is Vietnam war.
          See everyone around campus!
          Hello Kurtz and welcome to the ACG forums....
          "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
          "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

Hi, welcome to the ACG forums this is a great place to learn about Vietnam though I haven't studied much on the subject.
            In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes
            - Benjamin Franklin, U.S. statesman, author, and scientist

Comment

Welcome aboard Kutrz... enjoy yourself... lots of great people here to talk to.
              In Vino Veritas

Comment

Welcome Kurtz. Hey, while there might be better places to get Cha Ca in Ha Noi, I recommend that you stop by Cha Ca La Vong. It is just north of Hoan Hiem Lake there in the old part of town. It is an experience in and of itself so you want the bragging rights to say that you have eaten there.
                The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated ~ Mark Twain

Comment

hello and welcome to the forums...

Comment

Welcome to Armchair General. Hope you enjoy it here.
                    History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                    _________
                    BoRG

Comment

Welcome aboard!

I'm a Yank who just spent two years in HCMC. Am currently residing in Malaysia.

What brought you to Vietnam??
                      Save America!! Impeach Obama!!

Comment

Hi Everyone!

I'm Bob Williams, living near Houston, TX and formerly with the 2/502nd "Stroke Force" Batalion 101st Airborne in Vietnam's I Corps during '68 and '69.

I'm in touch with several members of my platoon and tend to be the group historian.

Professionally, I'm an Petrochem project/reliability Engineer. I'm 63 and resonably healthy and active.

Comment

Originally posted by robwill78 View Post
                          Hi Everyone!

I'm Bob Williams, living near Houston, TX and formerly with the 2/502nd "Stroke Force" Batalion 101st Airborne in Vietnam's I Corps during '68 and '69.
                          Thank you for your service in the cause of Freedom for the Vietnamese people

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X