Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G'day from Oz

G'day everyone.
    New to the forums but a long time browser of your content.
    Keen interest in all aspects of military history of all eras. Enjoy robust debates, especially around WWI and II as well as current conflicts.
    Cheers all.

Welcome to the ACG
    Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Welcome ,indeed.

Robust Debate ? WW1 ? Do you subscribed to the belief that Monash was "The Outsider That Won The War " ?
      "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
      Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by Waz View Post
        G'day everyone.
        New to the forums but a long time browser of your content.
        Keen interest in all aspects of military history of all eras. Enjoy robust debates, especially around WWI and II as well as current conflicts.
        Cheers all.
        G'day back at ya.

Nice to see a fellow Aussie here, welcome aboard.
        "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
        Ernest Hemingway.

Sapere aude.

Comment

im with AB...welcome aboard mate...!!!.....enjoy your time here....

Comment

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

The US Constitution doesn't need to be rewritten it needs to be reread

Comment

Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post
              Welcome ,indeed.

Robust Debate ? WW1 ? Do you subscribed to the belief that Monash was "The Outsider That Won The War " ?
              No not all. He like Curry had come to the same tactical conclusions of all arms fighting I guess. Not to detract from British Generalship of the time. Both these men stand out (maybe due to National worship) as being a cut above others in grasping the changing face of modern warfare and implementing all available assets and doctrine into successful and less costly battles.

Comment

No not all. He like Curry had come to the same tactical conclusions of all arms fighting I guess. Not to detract from British Generalship of the time. Both these men stand out (maybe due to National worship) as being a cut above others in grasping the changing face of modern warfare and implementing all available assets and doctrine into successful and less costly battles.
                Quite so. The trouble with many Australian commentators is that they lack perspective. Monash is sometimes depicted as the saviour of the Western Front, who, if given his head, would have won the war on his own. He was certainly an excellent Corps Commander-like Currie- but to include him among the "Great Commanders of History" is drawing a very long bow. Apart from anything else he just never had the opportunity.. He was answerable to Rawlinson (Commander 4th Army), Haig (Commander BEF) and I suppose, Foch.
                "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
                Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Be interesting to see what would have occurred if both men were given the opportunity.

Comment

Be interesting to see what would have occurred if both men were given the opportunity.
                    Certainly, but who can say ?
                    Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X