Standard polite first post in introductions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standard polite first post in introductions

Ok, gotta post a first post and say hello, or essentially look rude in the process. So here it is.
    No, I'm not 'new' per se.
    But I'm going with new beginnings.
    Well, considering my life, it's appropriate.
    I have not been around for hmm a number of years. I'm guessing it's been more than 5.

I'm not new to military history, nor am I new to wargaming, and I'm not new to military modeling. I've got more than 40+ years with all three categories.
    I'm a great deal more than military history, wargaming, and models though. Feel free to ask me about my Barbie collection or Friends Legos or my teddy bear collection if you wish.
    I spend most of my time reading/writing romance novels and painting landscaped these days.
    I'm hoping to find myself living the Tiny Home dream and seeing the country in maybe 2020-2021 (it's all about making it first though).
    My 2019 is going to be all about getting married this year (we're aiming for October).

I came here, because, well, I've finally gotten bored of just Facebook
    I'm likely going to be wanting to talk about models mostly, and possibly wargames as well.
    Politics, hehe, that's funny. No, I'm not interested in getting into political discussions with you men.
    I'm not going to spend all day on politics. Why bother.
    You need to finally get it. There's not reps vs dems, right vs left. It's the rich 1% vs the 99%. If you are not part of the 1%, you are a nobody, politicians included.

I predict your interest in Teddy Bears will take you far! My last Recreation Softball team were called that!

Pruitt
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Les, you could've stayed with modeling when you were a member here in your previous life, you didn't have to get into political discussions.
      "I am Groot"
      - Groot

Comment

Originally posted by Marmat View Post
        Les, you could've stayed with modeling when you were a member here in your previous life, you didn't have to get into political discussions.
        Weeeeeell, it's actually a lot more complicated than that
        It's not that I don't discuss any form of politics at all ever. But, I no longer discuss what I would call 'routine' politics.
        You need to finally get it. There's not reps vs dems, right vs left. It's the rich 1% vs the 99%. If you are not part of the 1%, you are a nobody, politicians included.

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Sukunai Niyori.
          "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

Welcome back.
            "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
            Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

Welcome back (you've intrigued me to want to know your prior user name, but not essential).
              I bopped over here after catching your thread/OP on wargames, and will pick-up over there.
              BTW, we do have a few femmes here(still), but you're right, this isn't the usual subject area/forum for the testosterone challenged.
              TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                Welcome back (you've intrigued me to want to know your prior user name, but not essential).
                I bopped over here after catching your thread/OP on wargames, and will pick-up over there.
                BTW, we do have a few femmes here(still), but you're right, this isn't the usual subject area/forum for the testosterone challenged.
                I once had the pleasure to be one of the most prolific posters on the forum. Something like top 20. But baggage is baggage. Sometimes you just need new luggage

Comment

Welcome back

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

The US Constitution doesn't need to be rewritten it needs to be reread

Comment

Great input guys, I really love your introduction.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X