Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from a Ukrainian

Hi Armchair Generals!
    I've heard of this forum for years, and its legendary status, and I am excited to join.
    My main interests are WWII, to be specific Eastern Front. But I read and watch everything, western front, pacific war, I have read anywhere from 150-200 books about tanks, artillery, small arms, fighters.
    My grandpa was in the end stages of WWII, helping to drive the Germans out of Ukraine, my homeland.
    I have great respect for all nations, or had respect for all nations, but I don't think I should go into those details.
    I've seen with my own eyes, and touched: T-34, T-34/76, T-34/85, KV-1, T-28, JS-1, Gvozdika SPG, T-64's of various models, T-72's. I've shot original Izmash Ak-47's, Ak-74's, RPK, also M4, M1919, the Ma-Deuce, and others.

And now I must end with a Woot Woot!

Welcome aboard.
    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by 1stDYK View Post
      Hi Armchair Generals!
      I've heard of this forum for years, and its legendary status, and I am excited to join.
      My main interests are WWII, to be specific Eastern Front. But I read and watch everything, western front, pacific war, I have read anywhere from 150-200 books about tanks, artillery, small arms, fighters.
      My grandpa was in the end stages of WWII, helping to drive the Germans out of Ukraine, my homeland.
      I have great respect for all nations, or had respect for all nations, but I don't think I should go into those details.
      I've seen with my own eyes, and touched: T-34, T-34/76, T-34/85, KV-1, T-28, JS-1, Gvozdika SPG, T-64's of various models, T-72's. I've shot original Izmash Ak-47's, Ak-74's, RPK, also M4, M1919, the Ma-Deuce, and others.

Welcome!

(My Avatar pic was taken in Ukraine)

Comment

Welcome! Your point of view will be an interesting addition. We have several Russian fan-boys, but not so many Ukrainians.
        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Freebird View Post

Welcome!

(My Avatar pic was taken in Ukraine)
          By any chance is it near the Great Patriotic war museum in Kyiv? I took many photos there

Comment

By any chance is it near the Great Patriotic war museum in Kyiv? I took many photos there
            Sadly, no, although i have been to that museum! And the Aero museum too.
            Somewhere I have a picture on top of the rainbow T-34.
            Are you from Kiev?

The picture was taken of SU-152 & SU 100 at "Diorama" museum, near Balaclava, in 2008.
            Yes, Crimea is defacto no longer part of Ukraine, but it was when I took the picture.

Comment

Welcome aboard!!

Comment

Sadly, no, although i have been to that museum! And the Aero museum too.
                Somewhere I have a picture on top of the rainbow T-34.
                Are you from Kiev?

The picture was taken of SU-152 & SU 100 at "Diorama" museum, near Balaclava, in 2008.
                Yes, Crimea is defacto no longer part of Ukraine, but it was when I took the picture.
                Yes sir, I lived in Kiev, but I was born in Vinnitska Oblast, also lived in Zaporizhye. I've seen the rainbow t-34 many times

Comment

Yes sir, I lived in Kiev, but I was born in Vinnitska Oblast, also lived in Zaporizhye. I've seen the rainbow t-34 many times
                  I've only driven through Vinnitsa, but I have been to Zaporizhe. (Хо́ртица)
                  Sadly, the museum was closed when I was there.

Comment

I've only driven through Vinnitsa, but I have been to Zaporizhe. (Хо́ртица)
                    Sadly, the museum was closed when I was there.
                    Dude! we're practically family. Come over for some beers.

Comment

Hi Armchair Generals!

welcome
                      I have a great interest in soviet era weapons , maybe you could be of help

Comment

Welcome to the Armchair General forum, 1stDYK.
                        "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X