Interested in War History

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interested in War History

Hello! My name is Rich. I joined this forum because I love reading and watching War History books and documentaries. I particularly am more interested in World War 2 and the American Civil War more than the others. My grandpa who is a Filipino, was a soldier in the Philippine Islands during World War 2. I don't know much about his time during the war though since he already died when I was born and when I asked my mom about it, she said that grandpa didn't like talking about the war very much so she doesn't know any specific details or imparted any WW2 family story to me whatsoever.

By the way, my grandpa survived World War 2 and lived until he was 80 years old.

Welcome to the forum. Lot's of knowledgeable people here..

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

The US Constitution doesn't need to be rewritten it needs to be reread

Comment

A hearty welcome. Civil war and WWII have some great topics. Jump in, ask question,make your point of view and back it up with references...have fun.
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Welcome aboard!
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Welcome mate.
          "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
          Ernest Hemingway.
          “The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.”

Comment

Welcome to ACG!
            "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X