Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hello Everyone,

New to this site but found it very interesting, that so many vets are on here. I am an Army vet E-7 Med discharge after 13 years. Master Gunner M60A3, CDAT Ranger. Bamberg, Mannheim, Ft Carson and Ft Knox. Love Armor, tactics, gaming, history, modeling, you name it can talk tanks all day.
    Hope to chat and talk to some of the members shortly.
    I am interested in anyone who may have any information about Panzer Abteilung 510, they were involved in the Kurland pocket and I am trying to do a diorama about any ingagement they were in. If you have exact vehicle number marking data also, i.e. red starting with 101 or red with white border and an alphe numeric whatever it might be.

Thanks
    MG

Hello welcome aboard.
    Those that forget history are condemed to repeat it.
    If you're going to be one you might as well be a BIG RED ONE

Comment

Hey Mike Gulf, welcome to the list. I retired from the Army last year and work for the Marines now. You'll have fun here. Just jump in.
      Barcsi János ispán vezérőrnagy
      Time Magazine's Person of the Year for 2003 & 2006

"Never pet a burning dog."

RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
      http://www.mormon.org
      http://www.sca.org
      http://www.scv.org/
      http://www.scouting.org/

Comment

Greetings from Cyberia

Welcome. If you are looking to talk tanks, you found the right place.
        ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
        ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Gulf View Post
          Hello Everyone,

New to this site but found it very interesting, that so many vets are on here. I am an Army vet E-7 Med discharge after 13 years. Master Gunner M60A3, CDAT Ranger. Bamberg, Mannheim, Ft Carson and Ft Knox. Love Armor, tactics, gaming, history, modeling, you name it can talk tanks all day.
          Hope to chat and talk to some of the members shortly.
          I am interested in anyone who may have any information about Panzer Abteilung 510, they were involved in the Kurland pocket and I am trying to do a diorama about any ingagement they were in. If you have exact vehicle number marking data also, i.e. red starting with 101 or red with white border and an alphe numeric whatever it might be.

Thanks
          MG
          Welcome aboard mate, we have an excellent model forum here that would love to help you out with any issues regarding your questions!
          "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
          Ernest Hemingway.

"The more I learn about people, The more I love my dog".
          Mark Twain.

Comment

Welcome aboard MG! Make yourself at home!

Comment

Mike, you've got me on a good day... done some digging and found this for you, hope it helps in some areas for a diorama!
              As you can see the markings seem to be red with a white outline.

Tiger I, sPzAbt.510, Kurland sector, 1944.

sPzAbt 510 was formed in June, 1944, and was the last of the ten independent heavy tank battalions. It received 45 Tiger Is between 20 June and 7 July 1944, and, from August 1944, fought against the Russians in East Prussia. On 3 August, six replacements were shipped to the 510th. Part of the battalion was detached to 14th Pz. Div. , for an assault on the Russian forces in November 1944. The other company was attached to the 30th Inf. Div. sPzAbt 510 was heavily engaged during the Kurland campaign, operating with 14th Pz. Div., in early 1945. In March, two companies of the battalion were withdrawn to the Kassel area in Germany. The remainder of sPzAbt 510, with 13 Tiger Is, was assigned to 14th Pz Div. The last Tiger was lost on 8 May, and the battalion surrendered with other survivors of the fierce Kurland fighting. The 510th have never been issued a single Tiger II.
              "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
              Ernest Hemingway.

"The more I learn about people, The more I love my dog".
              Mark Twain.

Comment

Greetings and welcome aboard Mike Gulf! Looks like Achtung baby has already gotten to work
                "Every man should be his own Guru; every woman her own Gurette" ...Ed Abbey

Comment

Ah, a fellow modeller! You're welcome aboard n' I hope that you'll find the modellin' forum interessting, I sure do...
                  The safest place in Korea was behind a platoon of Marines. Lord how they could fight! - MGEN Frank Lowe, U.S. Army.
                  ----
                  We got a kinder, gentler, Machine gun hand - N.Y.

Comment

Welcome aboard....you should find a lot to keep you busy here! Its a great site.
                    http://www.militarywargaming.com

"The Golden Rule of War, Speed - Simplicity - Boldness" -- General George S. Patton, Jr

Comment

Welcome to the forums
                      "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

Aloooooha!
                        TTFN

Comment

Mike

Tanks? Tanks. Tanks........... TANKS!! You found the right place.

Cheers, I'm looking forward to meeting you on the Pz, Russian, and the NEW Allied forums, among other places!!

TRDG

Tom

Comment

Welcome aboard

Comment

good to see ya Mike...

"Ride hard...ride first"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X