Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally registered!

Hi all,

Just wanted to give a shout out to everyone, I've been visitng this great site for a long time now, but decided to join up today. Looking forward to contributing here and there and learning more myself! I have a huge interest in WWI and Canadian military history, and sort of a morbid fascination in great military blunders and disasters, especially in colonial campaigns.

Just a word about my user name, this summer I took a trip to Europe and toured some of the trenchlines, cemeteries and battlefields of WWI, and while over there, I found the grave of a great great uncle of mine who died at Vimy Ridge, killed the very first day of the battle on April 9, 1917. He was only 20 years old when he died, and his sacrifice for our country has always been a point of pride in my family. Finding his grave and paying my respects to him was a very humbling and rewarding experience. Just thought I'd like to share that little piece of family history on a site where I know it would be appreciated

Definitley looking forward to spending some quality time on a terrific site!
    Last edited by VimyHero17; 27 Sep 07, 17:45.

Welcome to the forums. There's alot here to read. Enjoy!
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your story mate, great stuff!

Hope you enjoy the forums, some of us like to think of this site as our own little community, we all have good stories to tell.
      Looking forward to reading your!

Cheers mate

ab
      "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
      Ernest Hemingway.

"The more I learn about people, The more I love my dog".
      Mark Twain.

Comment

A heartfelt welcome aboard, Eric!

Make yourself comfortable & jump on into any thing of interest to ya.

As you already know... we are friends here.

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Welcome aboard. That was an awsome hello.
          Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Welcome aboard Eric! I have to admit that your screen name piqued my interest, but the story that followed made it well worth it! Enjoy your time here!

Comment

Originally posted by VimyHero17 View Post
              Hi all,

Just wanted to give a shout out to everyone, I've been visitng this great site for a long time now, but decided to join up today.
              What took you so long? You have a lot of catching up to do. Get posting

Welcome

Comment

Welcome Eric! Sounds like you had a cool trip - post some pix!

Dr. S.
                Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor Sinister View Post
                  Welcome Eric! Sounds like you had a cool trip - post some pix!

Dr. S.
                  Thanks for the warm welcomes, everybody.

Dr. S, I spent over a week travelling and touring a good portion of the Western Front this summer - I took a tone of great pics. I will definitley get some up in the near future for everyone to take a look. I know they will be appreciated here!

Comment

Greetings from Cyberia

Welcome.
                    ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
                    ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

Originally posted by VimyHero17 View Post
                      Thanks for the warm welcomes, everybody.

Dr. S, I spent over a week travelling and touring a good portion of the Western Front this summer - I took a tone of great pics. I will definitley get some up in the near future for everyone to take a look. I know they will be appreciated here!
                      Look forward to it! If you need any assistance in uploading them, or just want me to do it for you, let me know.

Dr. S.
                      Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Arrr, Mate! Welcome aboard the ACG forums. We be a watchin' for yah with our good eye...
                        Battles are dangerous affairs... Wang Hsi

Comment

Welcome to the forums
                          "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

Yes, Welcome...

Congrats on finding the head stone! I know how cool it was to find some of my folk's CW stones! Definately post some of the pics!

Again, WELCOME!!!
                            CPT T
                            Field Artillery
                            BDE S3 - Peacemaker 3 - OIF 09
                            FSO - 1BCT, 3ID - OIF III

"Loved or Hated... Never Ignored... COLT sticks it deep!"

Comment

You'll think I'm an idoit soon enough....welcome to the forums!
                              I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X