X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello -- looking for information

Hi,
    THis is my first post on the Forum.

I am looking for information regarding the extensive collection of Christian Scriptures that were destroyed during the Sack of Constantinople. Does anyone have any references on this? I am interested in knowing what versions of the texts were destroyed.

Thanks for your ideas and help.

RonG

Greetings from Cyberia

Welcome to the forum. Sorry, but I can't be of any help, but I'm sure someone here can offer a few leads.
    ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
    ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

Keep an eye out for the forums for the time period you are interested in mate, if not sure, come back here and just ask... we are willing to help in some way!

Enjoy the forums.
      "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
      Ernest Hemingway.

"The more I learn about people, The more I love my dog".
      Mark Twain.

Comment

Welcome Ron. Interesting opening query. Hang on, this should picque the interest of some of our Ancient History Guys. I imagine 1 or 2 of them are already diving into their piles of parchment scrolls.
        My Avatar: Ivan W. Henderson Gunner/navigator B-25-26. 117 combat missions. Both Theaters. 11 confirmed kills. DSC.

Comment

Welcome Ron. Interesting opening query. Hang on, this should pique the interest of some of our Ancient History Guys. I imagine 1 or 2 of them are already diving into their piles of parchment scrolls.
          My Avatar: Ivan W. Henderson Gunner/navigator B-25-26. 117 combat missions. Both Theaters. 11 confirmed kills. DSC.

Comment

Welcome to the forums.

to holly6: double post
            "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

Originally posted by RonG View Post
              Hi,
              THis is my first post on the Forum.

I am looking for information regarding the extensive collection of Christian Scriptures that were destroyed during the Sack of Constantinople. Does anyone have any references on this? I am interested in knowing what versions of the texts were destroyed.

Thanks for your ideas and help.

RonG
              Welcome ron!

I don't have an immediate answer for you - but I have a few friends who are professors who've studied a lot in that subject (Before I got into the Army, during grad school, I was doing ROTC @ Wheaton College in Chicago) - I'll send out some feelers and see what I get back!
              CPT T
              Field Artillery
              BDE S3 - Peacemaker 3 - OIF 09
              FSO - 1BCT, 3ID - OIF III

"Loved or Hated... Never Ignored... COLT sticks it deep!"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X