Hey there all you fellow forum users!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey there all you fellow forum users!

No real clue here on what there is on this forum as of yet. I'm new to the net and I'm checking the forums out on my favorite subject, WW II!

I'm pretty much ready for anything on here, many interests and some that I actually think I know something about, maybe.... I hope I will soon find out on this forum from you guys.

I like to find the basic facts on various things related to WW II and see where it goes from there. I'm no expert here either. One thing right off the bat is that my spelling is not so good, putting it kindly, so please forgive my future posts and replies. Can anyone point me in the direction of a good spell check for forums?

So here I am coming at ya from the Cheesehead state in the U.S. If I happen to pop up with a post or reply now and then, don't be to

All replies are welcome here!

Cheers! TRDG

You are not a fellow forum user until you begin posting. Get with the program. The WWII forum awaits.

Welcome!

M.S.

Comment

Well according to the inherent spell checker built into Firefox 2 web browser, it only flagged your word Cheesehead (probably because it thought it was two words connected by accident).

Otherwise, your post was not requiring a spell checker.

As mentioned, if you are using Firefox 2, it will spell check nearly anything you type in, while in the browser.
      Life is change. Built models for decades.
      Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
      I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

You've come to the right place TRDG. Welcome
        When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
        Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Hey there M.S., very true there. I'm just checking out the forum and getting the "feel" of it so far. The posts will be coming........ Soon......

Thanks for the reply

Cheers

Comment

Aries

No clue what I am running on my computer. Old computer plus new user is not a good mix. I'm still learning, I've been on the net about 3 months or so.

Thanks for the info!

Cheers

Comment

Thanks for the welcome M.Joensen!

Just think of if they had computers in WWII. Those "paper" trails that we try to follow to get the facts on would be pretty sweet. There is still so much missing! Would I really want to "live" it compared to now.........

You know?

Cheers

Comment

Welcome to the forums mate, and the WW2 section is very popular here... so what ever you write in there, you will certainly get a quick response!

Cheers mate!
                "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                Ernest Hemingway.

"The more I learn about people, The more I love my dog".
                Mark Twain.

Comment

CHEESEHEAD!!!

, welcome to the forums, BUT:
                  Ask not for whom a post is for.
                  It posts for thee!

welcome bro!
                  I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

Originally posted by TRDG View Post
                    Hey there M.S., very true there. I'm just checking out the forum and getting the "feel" of it so far. The posts will be coming........ Soon......

Thanks for the reply

Cheers
                    Good deal Tom. No one here is going to judge you for anything and will be very supportive when you jump in. They only get strange after you get to know them. So fear not. I am sure the WWII crowd will welcome anything you have to say.

Just stay away from the topic of operation sealion until you get your forum legs. I am not sure why, but something strange is going on with that thead.

Have fun

Miss Saigon

Comment

Originally posted by Miss.Saigon View Post
                      Good deal Tom. No one here is going to judge you for anything and will be very supportive when you jump in. They only get strange after you get to know them. So fear not. I am sure the WWII crowd will welcome anything you have to say.

Just stay away from the topic of operation sealion until you get your forum legs. I am not sure why, but something strange is going on with that thead.

Have fun

Miss Saigon
                      Yes... Welcome... to... the forums... Post often... and post... well...

That's my best CPT Kirk...

Dig in with both hands - and don't let up! Lots of Good Times await you!

CPT T
                      Field Artillery
                      BDE S3 - Peacemaker 3 - OIF 09
                      FSO - 1BCT, 3ID - OIF III

"Loved or Hated... Never Ignored... COLT sticks it deep!"

Comment

Thanks for all the posts here people, I'm slowly working through the post topics here and made one comment, so far.....

Is there a certain "time" and certain "days" that are better than others for a WW II topic? I know it depends on what country you live in, but is there a general guideline that anyone can clue me in on here?

I'll usually be on after 11 pm in the U.S. from Wednesday to Sunday and anytime monday and tuesday, work permitting.

I do tend to move around on WW II topics, mostly because of a war game that I'm into. If not much is going on there, I tend to focus more on general topics like armour, what if and the Why? How? when? And where aspects kind of thing. You can't have to much of that. Hopefully I will make a contribution to the WW II forum here.

Cheers! Heres to some good forum posts and replies in the future!!

Comment

A hearty welcome aboard, Tom!

Make yourself comfortable & check out all the forums.

I wager you'll find interesting things about places & eras you've never thought much about.

Dive on in, the waters fine!

Y'ARR!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Welcome from one Wisconsinian to another. Where in Wisconsin do you live?
                            "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

Welcome aboard!
                              Historia Magistra Vitae.
                              M. T. Cicero

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X