Looking For 1st Div. Black Lions Delta Co. 1/28th Jul 67 Thru Feb 68

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For 1st Div. Black Lions Delta Co. 1/28th Jul 67 Thru Feb 68

I was Infantry Platoon Leader for 1st Platoon, D Co (off and on). Helped form D Co in July '67 at Phuoc Vinh. Was wounded in elbow in Sep of 67 while on "Thunder Road" mine clearing operation and shipped to Japan for healing. Returned to country in Dec '67. Was again hospitalized Dec 29th '67 for about 10 days after attack in Quan Loi. Returned to duty as XO of the company for a short period (about a week) then again took over 1st Platoon in late Jan 68, Fought in battle of An My Feb 1st and 2nd '68 and finally med evaced back to the states after being shot thru the leg and chest about 3 clicks S.W. of Tu Doc on Feb 15th 1968.

Is there anyone out there that served with me in Delta Company?

KEN JENSEN
    DO NO HARM
    [email protected]
    1st ID, 1/28th '67/'68 Phouc Vinh & Quan Loi
    Skirmishes Bu Dop Dec-67, An My, Thu Duc Feb-68
    Plt. Ldr - CIB, Purple Hearts, Silver Star
    What we write can be considered to be a reflection of our SOUL providing others to know our CHARACTER.

Hello Ken and welcome to ACG

I'd be interested to discuss your tour of duty in 1/28 in the Vietnam War forums if that's ok with you.

Comment

Hello Ken,

My principle interests on these forums is the Vietnam war and history. I agree with Boonie. I would be happy if you crossed over to our side of the ACG street and share some of your stories on the Vietnam forum page.

Welcome to ACG

WELCOME HOME!

Miss. Saigon

Comment

My Vietnam Adventure Discussion?

What do you want to know?

My intro posting layed out the main points. My hospitalization times. Of course their are stories that go along with them and a few more stories that happened before and after them.

DO NO HARM
        What we write can be considered to be a reflection of our SOUL providing others to know our CHARACTER.

Comment

Originally posted by KEN JENSEN View Post
          My intro posting layed out the main points. My hospitalization times. Of course their are stories that go along with them and a few more stories that happened before and after them.

DO NO HARM
          Actually the first question that came to my mind when I read your message is very "technical". You mentioned that you were a Platoon leader in Delta Co 1/28 which is very interesting to me as I'm looking for infos about the creation of the 4th rifle companies in the Vietnam infantry battalions (battalions used to have only 3 rifles companies in 1965-67 which was considered insufficient and Westmoreland requested that a 4th rifle company was added to the TOE of the infantry battalion) and you arrived just when these change were taking place. Were you part of the "D Company packets" send to every battalions in Vietnam during the Summer of 1967?

Comment

Fourth Rifle Company

Yes I was part of the Delta Company "Packets". Left Tacoma Wa. Jun 30th 1967 on a SLOW BOAT to Vietnam (U.S.N.S GEIGER). Arrived July 21st 1967 in Vung Tau (I think). We had about 1600 to 1700 troops on board that were to form up 4th rifle companies. Most of these troops were assigned to the "Big Red One" (1st Inf Division).

One of the neat things about this boat ride was that our tour of duty started when we left U.S. waters (June 30th 1967), so the first 21 or so days spent on the boat were free days spent in Vietnam.

Miss Siagon wants me on the Vietnam forum. How do I get there???

KEN
            DO NO HARM

Comment

Miss Siagon wants me on the Vietnam forum. How do I get there???

KEN
              DO NO HARM

What women want....

The Vietnam forum is right here: http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...play.php?f=113

Comment

Originally posted by Boonierat View Post
                What women want....
                We usually get

Comment

Originally posted by Boonierat View Post
                  What women want....

The Vietnam forum is right here: http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...play.php?f=113
                  hmmm copied the path to my search eng. and it didn't work??

Think I found the Vietnam forum tho - we'll see

KEN
                  DO NO HARM

Comment

hmmm copied the path to my search eng. and it didn't work??

Think I found the Vietnam forum tho - we'll see

KEN
                    DO NO HARM
                    Yeah. What we call the Vietnam forum is simply a sub-section of the main Armchair General forum and you can access it via the main page.

Comment

Greetings from Cyberia

Welcome aboard.
                      ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
                      ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X