Hello and hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello and hi

Just to to hello to everyone. This my first time on this sort of thing. I'me into all historical periods, ECW, ACW, WW1 and WW2, Korea and Vietman ( Pre Diem deim Phu as well) Would like to discuss things with other members.

Well let me be the first to welcome you here. Enjoy!
    How many Allied tanks it would take to destroy a Maus?
    275. Because that's how many shells there are in the Maus. Then it could probably crush some more until it ran out of gas. - Surfinbird

Comment

Greetings from Cyberia

Welcome. With a name like Craphat you're gonna fit right in here.
      ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
      ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

Welcome to the community.
        Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated... again...

Comment

Welcome to the forums
          "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

Hello Crap hat and welcome, nice to see somebody from Brisol!!

Wolster

Comment

A hearty welcome aboard, Craphat!

Stow your gear & settle in... there be history here!

Y'ARR!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Craphat eh....I like this guy already.......

Comment

G'day Craphat and welcome to the ACG forums.

Cheers,
                  Dave
                  Roger, I see them. Attacking now

Comment

Welcome aboard craphat!
                    "Every man should be his own Guru; every woman her own Gurette" ...Ed Abbey

Comment

Welcome to the forums. I work the Dien Bien Phu side of the street here myself

See Ya There !

Comment

Originally posted by Wolery View Post
                        Well let me be the first to welcome you here. Enjoy!
                        Thanks for the welcome, I feel as I am among Friends alredy. The name comes from what the RMs called us, I was with the airborne. Are you inrested in any particular field or hobby. I just like to 'talk' to others about history and military. For instance I am going to a re enactor weeekend at Bearkley Castle in Glouestershire this weekend, it the medieval period, 13th and 14 Century.
                        I will lern to spell next. Hope to hear from you, and talk,

All the best.

Comment

Originally posted by cyberia View Post
                          Welcome. With a name like Craphat you're gonna fit right in here.
                          Hi, Tanks for the welcome. The name comes from what the RMs called us, I was in airborne, they were jealous of our professionalism, so they called us rude names. What your field of interest, I like most military history. This weekend I am going to a medeival re enactors display ( 13th &14th Century) at Bearkley Castle in Gloustershire. I do hope to talk some more, let me know your likes.

All the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Miss.Saigon View Post
                            Welcome to the forums. I work the Dien Bien Phu side of the street here myself

See Ya There !
                            HI, thanks for the welcome. The Nam War interests me because at the same time I was caught up in the Rhodesian Civil war myself, and my mate in the British Army was in 'Nam with the Australian Army, we Brits get around, and when we were serving in Ulster we talked about our service. This weekend I will be going to a re enactors display, medieval 13th & 14th century at Bearkley Castle in Gloustershire, it should be good if the floods allow it!

Hope hear from you, and all the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Craphat View Post
                              Hi, Tanks for the welcome. The name comes from what the RMs called us, I was in airborne, they were jealous of our professionalism, so they called us rude names. What your field of interest, I like most military history. This weekend I am going to a medeival re enactors display ( 13th &14th Century) at Bearkley Castle in Gloustershire. I do hope to talk some more, let me know your likes.

All the best.
                              Welcome aboard mate. I thought a craphat was a term given to anyone in the Uk military that wasnt a Marine or a Para. Ive been called it by many a Para myself!

crap hat

Vulgar slang (in the British army) a term used by paratroopers and commandos to refer to a soldier from a regiment in the rest of the army.
                              Etymology: probably with derogatory reference to the standard khaki-colored (now dark blue) berets, in contrast to the prized red and green berets of the special regiments.
                              Last edited by Geordie; 25 Jul 07, 15:18.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X