Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome To Our New Members ! Come in and say Hello!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abel View Post
    His capture site is a small monument not far from where I live. It's right next to the tar road. After 1994 there has been no government upkeep so people like myself take care of it. About 4 years ago somebody put a fence around it so government workers wont dig it up during road construction.
    Interesting story - keep it up!

Fred
    River Wide, Ocean Deep - a book on Operation Sea Lion
    Saving MacArthur - a book series on how the Philippines were saved - in 1942!

Comment

• @Leandros - All pre-1994 statues and monuments are being destroyed, removed, or vandalised. We Boers have even chained ourselves to statues to protect them (strangely, the Western media did report some of that). History means nothing to some.

Comment

• I read on the rules that links are not ok. I do seek some clarity. If, in the course of discussion, I wish to reference a news article or academic piece is that ok?

Comment

• Warm welcome to the forums, Abel. Always good to have another African here at ACG's.
          I used to have a really warm place for ZA in my heart, but haven't been there recently.

If you use links prudently, like in referring to an article, there should not be a problem.
          BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

• Thank you, Colonel.

It is interesting that you refer to me as African. Afrikaner means African. We Afrikaners/Boers have been here for over 350 years.

When I read that we do not belong here and should have our land and property seized it does not fit so well with me.

Comment

• Hello all thanks for the welcome I am from Springfield,IL home of Abe Lincoln

Better to burn out than
              To fade away

Comment

• Wow - The entire format has changed since I logged in last -- nice new (to me ) look
                I like Dogs far better than most People

As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Panzerboy1944 View Post
                  Hello all thanks for the welcome I am from Springfield,IL home of Abe Lincoln

Better to burn out than
                  To fade away
                  Welcome to ACG, mate.

And a warm welcome to our recent arrivals, any questions or ideas are warmly encouraged.
                  "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                  Ernest Hemingway.
                  “The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.”

Comment

• Hi guys. I am an author who has found this forum as part of my research into the battle of Waterloo. I am looking forward to learning more and aiding with more information where I can.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoseofSharon View Post
                      Hi guys. I am an author who has found this forum as part of my research into the battle of Waterloo. I am looking forward to learning more and aiding with more information where I can.
                      Welcome aboard mate.
                      "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                      Ernest Hemingway.
                      “The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.”

Comment

• Originally posted by RoseofSharon View Post
                        Hi guys. I am an author who has found this forum as part of my research into the battle of Waterloo. I am looking forward to learning more and aiding with more information where I can.
                        Welcome aboard.
                        Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

• Welcome aboard, everyone! Please take any seat you wish and grab an oar. We will commence rowing as soon as you're ready!
                          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Working...
                          X