Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

One other note I have seen a lot is theme/color related items. I know this is important to all of you but at the moment the most important thing was getting you back a functioning forum with as many features I can get you back from before.

Theme/color is something we can change but it the moment I do not have the time and resources to fix all of the issue and design the site. I did do some theme updates yesterday but it is very time consuming. Please just be patient with the forum as we get it back to as close as I can to what you had before.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

Welcome To Our New Members ! Come in and say Hello!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to the Armchair General forums, J.
    "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

• Welcome aboard, Don, Glen, and givati!
      SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

• Joining In

New to the forum. This seems to be the biggest one out there for military history, so I thought I should sign up.

Love military history (and history in general). Have even written about it and designed wargames.

Looking forward to interesting discussions.

Comment

• Originally posted by spwgame View Post
          New to the forum. This seems to be the biggest one out there for military history, so I thought I should sign up.

Love military history (and history in general). Have even written about it and designed wargames.

Looking forward to interesting discussions.
          Hello Dave and welcome to ACG forums...
          "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
          "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Welcome to the Armchair General forums, Dave.
            "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

• Hello my name is Ray. I stumbled into the forum and thought I would say hello. I served with L Troop 3/11 ACR Blackhorse and with the Air Cav troop.69/70

Comment

• Originally posted by 11thCAVblue View Post
                Hello my name is Ray. I stumbled into the forum and thought I would say hello. I served with L Troop 3/11 ACR Blackhorse and with the Air Cav troop.69/70
                Welcome. Nothing but respect for the Blackhorse. And the aero-rifle platoons from any cav unit were something else indeed.

Allons!
                Last edited by KRJ; 11 Jan 13, 22:12.
                "Shoot for the epaulets, boys! Shoot for the epaulets!" - Daniel Morgan

Comment

Hello my name is Ray. I stumbled into the forum and thought I would say hello. I served with L Troop 3/11 ACR Blackhorse and with the Air Cav troop.69/70
                  Hello Ray and welcome to ACG forums...glad to have you here
                  "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
                  "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Welcome to the Armchair General forums, Ray.

Comment

• Noob I am

Hello to everyone!
                      I'm a 17 year old who teaches his teachers about let alone history but specifically military history of all sorts.
                      I take great intrest on the Eastern Front during the Second World War.
                      Lately ive been gaining quite the archive of information from all types of sources in order to write "A" book. Or at least thats what i thought at first, and then I saw the amount of work I've done. I have massive amounts research of Case Blue and The Berlin operation as a whole. Very nice amount of work done on Kursk offensive and following Orel counteroffensive. And lately the amazing one sided meat-grinder that was the unfinished, Finnish Mannerheim Line. Im always looking for a good read, ( Antony Beevor i must recommend, his works are of my favorites) in depth convorsation, and enlightenment of any kind!

Godspeed mates!

Comment

• Hello all. Guess I was a bad boy over at WW2f. 10 days in the cooler...Marmat recommended you guys...Apparently there are a lot of exww2fer's using here...My style is a little whacky, and may take a while to find a groove. Cheers.

Comment

• Hello and welcome to ACG forums good to have you here

Comment

Welcome Ray. Hope were both still posting 20 years from now.
                            Skip

Comment

• Yoohoo!

Originally posted by brocket 99 View Post
                              Hello all. Guess I was a bad boy over at WW2f. 10 days in the cooler...Marmat recommended you guys...Apparently there are a lot of exww2fer's using here...My style is a little whacky, and may take a while to find a groove. Cheers.
                              Judging from your avatar it looks like the cooler's done you no good, you've lost more weight!
                              "I am Groot"
                              - Groot

Comment

• Really?...Thinking I need to lose a few more pounds yet. And I don't like that picture as it makes me look fat.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X