Hello from Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Texas

I just became aware of this forum after being directed to it by a search for some Internet information about an incident my ship was involved in during the Vietnam War.

Looks like a great place for a history buff like myself to hang out.

Welcome to the Armchair General forums, Shocky.
    "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

Welcome to ACG forums.
      “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
      ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Welcome aboard, from another newbie.
        If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went when they died-Will Rogers

Comment

Welcome to the Forums, shocky!

Fred
          Saving MacArthur - a book series - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ies_rw_dp_labf
          River Wide, Ocean Deep - Operation Sealion - https://www.amazon.com/product-revie...owViewpoints=1

Comment

You could not have found a better board on the net; welcome.

Comment

Welcome to the forum

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

The US Constitution doesn't need to be rewritten it needs to be reread

Comment

FNG

Hello to all from NC. Found this forum trying to find a military grid map of VN. You guys seem to know a lot more than me so hopefully you can help. I read the post and checked the links from several years ago but did not see what I am looking for (maybe it is just me). I am looking for a military grid map like we used on patrols. I am looking for 2 grids-YD379437-LZ Jane where we were overrun during Tet of 68 and LZ Sally-YD639275 where I went when we left there. Both are fairly close to Hue. I have been looking for several weeks and actually just missed a bid on Ebay that had the exact map I wanted with all the lz's around Hue plotted. If any of you have any suggestions please let me know. I would greatly appreciate it. I have no idea why this has become so important to me but it has. Thanks again.
                Yea tho I walked through the shadow in the Valley of Death, I no longer fear. My days of fright and sadness are now only memories. Memories that I cannot believe are mine.

Comment

Welcome to the Armchair General forums, 101st Airborne.
                  "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

Originally posted by 101st Airborne View Post
                    Hello to all from NC. Found this forum trying to find a military grid map of VN. You guys seem to know a lot more than me so hopefully you can help. I read the post and checked the links from several years ago but did not see what I am looking for (maybe it is just me). I am looking for a military grid map like we used on patrols. I am looking for 2 grids-YD379437-LZ Jane where we were overrun during Tet of 68 and LZ Sally-YD639275 where I went when we left there. Both are fairly close to Hue. I have been looking for several weeks and actually just missed a bid on Ebay that had the exact map I wanted with all the lz's around Hue plotted. If any of you have any suggestions please let me know. I would greatly appreciate it. I have no idea why this has become so important to me but it has. Thanks again.
                    Glad you found the help you needed and welcome aboard.
                    Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Welcome to ACG
                      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the welcome. Chao cac nguoi day.
                        Yea tho I walked through the shadow in the Valley of Death, I no longer fear. My days of fright and sadness are now only memories. Memories that I cannot believe are mine.

Comment

Originally posted by 101st Airborne View Post
                          Hello to all from NC. Found this forum trying to find a military grid map of VN. You guys seem to know a lot more than me so hopefully you can help. I read the post and checked the links from several years ago but did not see what I am looking for (maybe it is just me). I am looking for a military grid map like we used on patrols. I am looking for 2 grids-YD379437-LZ Jane where we were overrun during Tet of 68 and LZ Sally-YD639275 where I went when we left there. Both are fairly close to Hue.
                          Thank you for your service in the cause of freedom for the Vietnamese people.

Comment

Reading the Basic Training section can help with general use of the forums. http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...play.php?f=181
                            The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

Texas?
                              You will like the mess hall.
                              Barbecuing is a top priority there.
                              "Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X