hello from new jersey usa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello from new jersey usa

hello everyone i am a college student who is in love with military history, strategy and leadership by the end of 9th grade i read the art of war by sun tzu and moved on to bigger stuff like the seven military classics of ancient china and some stuff of questionable authenticity but it was still pretty cool i am trying to read on war by von Clausewitz and a bunch of other stuff all at the same time

btw dose anyone know anything about Hannibal barca ever writing something like a book or what ever with his views on stuff because i saw it in one of my questionable sources haven seen anything that backs it up but regardless i think it is pretty wise take this quote for example " shame your enemy through your mercy"

Originally posted by ssuma View Post
    hello everyone i am a college student who is in love with military history, strategy and leadership by the end of 9th grade i read the art of war by sun tzu and moved on to bigger stuff like the seven military classics of ancient china and some stuff of questionable authenticity but it was still pretty cool i am trying to read on war by von Clausewitz and a bunch of other stuff all at the same time

btw dose anyone know anything about Hannibal barca ever writing something like a book or what ever with his views on stuff because i saw it in one of my questionable sources haven seen anything that backs it up but regardless i think it is pretty wise take this quote for example " shame your enemy through your mercy"
    Nice quote; in here things get a bit heated, so just stay on topic and ignore the provokers :-). The records of the Carthaginans were destroyed by Rome. Like Cato said: delenda est Cartago, unfortunately that included their libraries. From what I know their script has yet to be deciphered; the way Greek Linear B was, which gave the key decipheing Minoan. There are still some mysteries from this time, good luck.
    When looking for the reason why things go wrong, never rule out stupidity, Murphy's Law Nº 8
    Those who do not remember history are doomed to repeat it. George Santayana
    "Ach du schwein" a German parrot captured at Bukoba GEA the only prisoner taken

Comment

Welcome onboard Ssuma!

Fred
      Saving MacArthur - a book series - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ies_rw_dp_labf
      River Wide, Ocean Deep - Operation Sealion - https://www.amazon.com/product-revie...owViewpoints=1

Comment

Welcome to ACG forums.
        “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
        ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Welcome aboard!
          SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

Hello and welcome to ACG forums...
            "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
            "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

Welcome to the forum

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

The US Constitution doesn't need to be rewritten it needs to be reread

Comment

Welcome to the Armchair General forums, ssuma.
                "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X