Hello.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello.

Just wanted to drop and line and say hello. My name is Ian and I live in Columbia SC. I'm a huge history buff and I enjoy looking at these forums. I especially like looking at the uniforms, I would say the Napoleonic uniforms are my favorite. I enjoy war gaming, but it's been years since I've played. I was heavy into Advanced Squad Leader and still looking for a good computer replacement, because finding opponents is a pain.

I would say the Peninsular campaign is my favorite history to read about, any book suggestions would be great. I'm slugging my way through the Bernard Cornwall Sharpe books.

A bit about me, I was a soldier in the U.S. Army for eight years, my wife is still serving at Ft. Jackson. I was a police officer in Killeen TX for about nine years. Because of a PCS move, I had to resign to keep the family together, so I'm a part time lab assistant until the Army moves slow down a bit and I can find a better job.

Anyway, nice to meet all of you and I'll try to be a semi regular on these forums.

Nice to meet a fellow 'Mad' Irishman. I'm Kirk and welcome.
    This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hello, we seem to share the same interests, welcome to the site.
      Cymru am Byth

Comment

Welcome to the Armchair General forums, Ian.
        "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

Welcome to ACG forums, Ian.
          “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
          ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Welcome aboard!

-Matt
            SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

Welcome to the site.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X