Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malta Convoy, Bravery, Death & Mutiny on the Brisbane Star.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malta Convoy, Bravery, Death & Mutiny on the Brisbane Star.

Hi Just joined as a new member. Glad to be part of this famous and historic forum. I'm a british military history writer and often use this site for research purposes.

Through genealogy I discovered many stories about my ancestors' involvement in WW1 and WW2. I have gone on to write articles about the famous battles they have been involved with. I also write ebooks about their stories.

What started as a hobby has become a consuming passion. WW2 now has the same mystic as WW1. Get your ancestors stories down, so future generations can learn what true heroes are. Not about second rate celebrities that bore us to death. But about real people, who came through adversity and survived to tell the tale.

I've just written an ebook (see in title) about 'Malta Convoy Heroes,' like my grandad who was part of the Malta Convoy on the Brisbane Star. He survived to tell the tale. My ebook, a 70th anniversary tribute, is dedicated to Thomas Smedley and Bob Sanders, another crew member. You can see it on Smashwords or the Amazon Kindle Site.

Does anyone have any stories about their ancestors or friends, who were on the Malta Convoy (Operation Pedestal was a joint venture between American and British navy). Let me know your stories?

Welcome to the Armchair General forums, Alex.
    "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

Welcome to ACG forums, Alex.
      “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
      ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Over 50 years ago, my dad taught me to respect convoy sailors after I'd put forth a remark saying his 4 years of Pacific service was more important to the war effort.

I'll dig out your book...sounds like a good read.

Welcome
        Skip

Comment

Glad to have you Alex.

Comment

Welcome aboard, Alex - I am myself preparing a book now on Gibraltar and Malta during WW2.

Pedestal was a convoy with every aspect of human and military heroism and tragedy blended into it. Not the least the sailors on the civilian vessels. In spite of the great losses inflicted on it by the Axis forces it probably saved Malta to hang in there till the Germans had to divert parts of their air forces back to the Eastern front. The tanker Ohio being the central part of it. But all this you know.

Good luck with your work.

Fred
            Saving MacArthur - a book series - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ies_rw_dp_labf
            River Wide, Ocean Deep - Operation Sealion - https://www.amazon.com/product-revie...owViewpoints=1

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X