hello hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello hello

I have joined to get some much needed help....i am researching my great grandfather, from a small village in Ireland originally, he fought for the entire first world war in the Australian 2nd div on the western front. i have researched as far as i can and need to speak to someone that can decipher his military card and give me a few pointers. he enlisted in Yarram in 1915 and was demobbed in charleroi in 1919....anyone help??/

regrads

tom

Welcome to the Armchair General forums, Tom.

I can't help you, but I'm sure there are some Australians here who can. Good luck!
    "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

Welcome to ACG forums, Tom. I am sure someone here will be able to help you.
      “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
      ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by tomdrohan View Post
        I have joined to get some much needed help....i am researching my great grandfather, from a small village in Ireland originally, he fought for the entire first world war in the Australian 2nd div on the western front. i have researched as far as i can and need to speak to someone that can decipher his military card and give me a few pointers. he enlisted in Yarram in 1915 and was demobbed in charleroi in 1919....anyone help??/

regrads

tom
        Yarram, very nice area... anyway, welcome to ACG, mate.
        Have you tried the National Archives of Australia, http://www.naa.gov.au/collection/exp.../army-wwi.aspx
        "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
        Ernest Hemingway.

"The more I learn about people, The more I love my dog".
        Mark Twain.

Comment

Hello, everyone. I joined yesterday, and thnk this is a cool forum.
          I'm a Bulgarian and naturalized American, curruntly reside in Varna, Bulgaria, and work as an English Teacher.
          I;m probably going to be doing here more reading that writing, since military history is not my strong side, but I'm curous and will probably stick my neck in more than one room.
          My main interest is Ancient History, and I like bios...being prone to psychologcal profiling eft and right.
          This is probably enough for now, thanks to all that wecomed me and helped me to get oriented in a new for me net space.

Comment

Hello to the new members.

"Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

Welcome to the Armchair General forums, Cotys
              "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

thanks, that is an amazing site, thanks to them i have a full folder of information, it's understanding some of it i need help with, do you know anybody?

regards

tom

Comment

Welcome to the board.

Comment

Welcome aboard!

-Matt
                    SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

Welcome to both of you!

Fred
                      Saving MacArthur - a book series - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ies_rw_dp_labf
                      River Wide, Ocean Deep - Operation Sealion - https://www.amazon.com/product-revie...owViewpoints=1

Comment

Welcome and enjoy!!

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

The US Constitution doesn't need to be rewritten it needs to be reread

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X