Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

My name is Galen. I'm in College and majoring in a Bachelors of Science degree in Liberal Arts and minoring in Pre-law. In addition, I'm almost done earning my two year degree in Criminal Justice. Career wise, I'm a Legislative Assistant to a Non For Profit / Political Think Tank called EMPACT America, Inc. My think tank designs legislation and lobbies my state delegation and capitol hill to create an Electro Magnetic Proof infrastructure and in addition - my think tank is contracted by the United States Defense Department to study the potential risks of Electro Magnetic Pulse both natural and also Electro-Magnetic Pulse weapons. Within my non-for profit think tank - I am a Legislative Assistant. I basically network with all the Congressional leaders, get petitions going for our legislation, and am the representative to the Western New York state and Congressional delegation. Our EMP legislation in the previous Congress - which I'm very proud of had Unanimous support - since we are a bi-partisan think tank in how to formulate an Electro-Magnetic Pulse proof power grid and electronic infastruture. But our legislation failed in the Senate committees - due to the head of a certain committee Senator - did not see the need in our legislation. I posted a link to my think tank's website. I'm not advertising - I'm just hyper linking my think tank website because it relates to my post and for people to see the legislation we came up with.

Career wise so far, I've interned for multiple state politicians and also volunteered on multiple state wide campaigns.

I'm heavily pro Israel and I love politics. I plan on going into local law enforcement, then after my twenty years of law enforcement service, I plan on running for elected office. After law enforcement, I wan't to if all goes accordingly, become a county Legislature, then either a State Assemblyman or State Senator, and then Governor of New York state.

Personally, I'm a registered Democrat, but I'm more of a Moderate. I have many different viewpoints on several issues. I agree with a lot of issues registered users brought up on ACG and disagree. I joined to educate myself to have more exposure and better understanding of the other sides view. I came from a relatively annoying liberal down state opinionated liberal family. I therefore, haven't had much exposure to the other side. So by registering on this forum. I hope to have a better understanding of sides I might not agree with at first but then after learning more about other peoples view points, become less bias towards the other sides view points. I look forward to great discussions.

P.S. when I reach the five post requirement - I'll then post links to what I'm talking about.

- Galen
    Sincerely,

G

Well, its good to have goals, I guess. Welcome.
    Кто там?
    Это я - Почтальон Печкин!
    Tunis is a Carthigenian city!

Comment

Originally posted by ginsight View Post
      So by registering on this forum. I hope to have a better understanding of sides I might not agree with at first but then after learning more about other peoples view points, become less bias towards the other sides view points. I look forward to great discussions.
      Your going to find plenty of that.
      ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

WELCOME and thank you for joining us. I like the goal of your think tank. Something the average person here or in the world seldom if ever thinks about. Getting potection from EMP SHOULD be of the highest priority considering what would happen if we ever get hit with one natural or man made.
        Last edited by Half Pint John; 20 Aug 12, 10:07.
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Welcome to the Armchair General forums, Galen.
          "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

Hi and welcome to the gang. I just finished reading the recent book on the War of 1948 - great piece of writing giving a first class historical context.

As a strong pro-Israeli what are your odds for a IAF strike on Iran?
            What would Occam say?

Comment

Welcome to the site Galen.

Comment

Oh believe me, when it comes to Iran - I've gotten Kicked out of my Middle Eastern politics class for saying what I thought should be done to Iran. (My Professor, was flaming liberal) I believe there is better than a 50 percent chance, we will Wake Ahamadouchebag up, with the United States Navy. Also,thank's for all the welcomes, I look forward to intellectual discussions.
                Sincerely,

G

Comment

Welcome to ACG forums, Galen.
                  “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
                  ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by ginsight View Post
                    Oh believe me, when it comes to Iran - I've gotten Kicked out of my Middle Eastern politics class for saying what I thought should be done to Iran. (My Professor, was flaming liberal) I believe there is better than a 50 percent chance, we will Wake Ahamadouchebag up, with the United States Navy. Also,thank's for all the welcomes, I look forward to intellectual discussions.
                    Welcome aboard, Galen. Let us hope your leaders have the courage to stay calm. That is the intellectually correct thing to do. Just my opinion.

Fred
                    Saving MacArthur - a book series - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ies_rw_dp_labf
                    River Wide, Ocean Deep - Operation Sealion - https://www.amazon.com/product-revie...owViewpoints=1

Comment

Welcome aboard!

-Matt
                      SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X