March to Baghdad: Decision at Tallil Airbase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March to Baghdad: Decision at Tallil Airbase

Anyone played March to Baghdad yet? It's free, and it's on this site!

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/marchtobaghdad

I created it using Pat Proctor's AATF game engine to support his article in the latest ACG!

Enjoy!

I've tried to play it through a half dozen times now and keep getting an error message/game shut down. I don't have any other ATF games installed, maybe I'm missing a *.dll or something.

Comment

downloading it now and will try it out

Comment

Reinstalled ATF, no more error messages, but boy did I get a butt-whipping when I strolled into the objective in parade formation.

Comment

I had the same result me wiped pretty easily still trying to figure out the game mechnics

Comment

I'll try it out,CP.I'vew been wanting to see how AATF and similar games played and because I knew you had something to do with them
            If you Ain't Cav,You Ain't S---

Comment

Remember...you have scouts...use them!

The game mechanics are fairly straightforward. There is tutorial to help you out with the interface, click on the button below "Play the Game".

Comment

Okay, how to get the FAASV's to upload the howitzers?

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Owen View Post
                  Okay, how to get the FAASV's to upload the howitzers?

First, move a FAASV with the ammo you need so that its blue "range ring" encompasses the Paladin you want to resupply. Click on the "Upload" icon from the actions toolbar (the bullet), then left-click on the Paladin. If the FAASV has ammo and the Paladin needs it, it will be topped-off.

Let me know if you still have issues.

Curt

Comment

Originally posted by CPangracs View Post
                    Anyone played March to Baghdad yet? It's free, and it's on this site!

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/marchtobaghdad

I created it using Pat Proctor's AATF game engine to support his article in the latest ACG!

Enjoy!
                    Looks interesting Curt, I will give it a shot.
                    Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
                    Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Remember...you have scouts...use them!

The game mechanics are fairly straightforward. There is tutorial to help you out with the interface, click on the button below "Play the Game".
                      A few questions:
                      How long does one turn/move last in hours/minutes?

How far can each different unit move approximately? I can't figure out if I am setting reachable points on the map or not.

Is there a way to 'back out' of a move(s) later on before you make your final move decisions.

More when I think of them .
                      SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
                        A few questions:
                        How long does one turn/move last in hours/minutes?

How far can each different unit move approximately? I can't figure out if I am setting reachable points on the map or not.

Is there a way to 'back out' of a move(s) later on before you make your final move decisions.

More when I think of them .
                        No turns...it is pausable real-time, and can be run up to 8x speed. After you give a unit move orders, you certainly can delete those orders, even while they are moving.

When you select a unit for movement and you set its route, you will get visual feedback on whether or not the unit can go there.

Recommend you play the included tutorial.

Curt

Comment

Arent Tutorial kind of like instructions. :-) I dont need no stinking instructions. :-)

Is there a way to get the troops north of the airport out of LOS I seem to keep getting those guys killed.

I do enjoy the game though even with all the brick walls I find it is very entertaining

Comment

Originally posted by craven View Post
                            Arent Tutorial kind of like instructions. :-) I dont need no stinking instructions. :-)

Is there a way to get the troops north of the airport out of LOS I seem to keep getting those guys killed.

I do enjoy the game though even with all the brick walls I find it is very entertaining
                            Glad you are enjoying it, Craven. That's the only reason I work on these projects!

Some hints....you can set dismounts and vehicles alike to "hide on contact" and keep their heads down, but it is very slow going. Used in combination with smoke missions by mortars or arty, and you can go anywhere and do anything!

Also, since you mentioned it, none of the dismounts have any kind of smoke available. I'm going to have to change that!! I can give them a smoke ability so it can assist them in maneuvering safely.

Comment

Also, since you mentioned it, none of the dismounts have any kind of smoke available. I'm going to have to change that!! I can give them a smoke ability so it can assist them in maneuvering safely.
                              As an artilleryman, I am compelled to point out... USE ARTILLERY SMOKE!
                              PATRICK E. PROCTOR
                              ProSIM Company
                              http://www.prosimco.com/writing

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X