Fire and Steel: Part III, Armored Advance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire and Steel: Part III, Armored Advance

For those checking in from the magazine, we have this thread dedicated to our article found on page 58*. Please feel free to discuss the adventures of Sgt. Devin here!

*"Fire and Steel: Part III, Armored Advance" -- by John Antal
    Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Re: Fire and Steel: Part III, Armored Advance

Originally posted by Brian King
    For those checking in from the magazine, we have this thread dedicated to our article found on page 58*. Please feel free to discuss the adventures of Sgt. Devin here!

*"Fire and Steel: Part III, Armored Advance" -- by John Antal
    I made it!! I wasn't certain at first, but I did pull my crew through to the objective. Definitely required some crirtical thinking. Looking forward to the next installment. :thumb:
    Mens Est Clavis Victoriae
    (The Mind Is The Key To Victory)

Comment

I made it too. I actually thought this one was easier than the first two. In my mind if you look at the fields of fire for the bunkers, there is only one option.
      Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

I got clobbered when I rolled on the dead dudes, bad mojo I guess :bang:
        Govenour Of Texas and all southern provinces. Kepper Of The Holy Woodchipper.

Comment

I made it!!! HURRAY!

Comment

I enjoyed this one a bit more than the first two, as I got to pick how to attack, and the decision was meaningful. Not bad.

I picked the right one the first time.

Comment

Did anyone get to a part where the sandbags or lack of made a difference?
              Alpine Kommandos

Central Oregon KSK Airsoft Team

Comment

Overall I think the series has been great. Normandy has always been shown from the infantry perspective. Seeing it from the tanker's perspective has been refreshing. Got nailed twice in a row though.:chair:

BTW, does anyone know of any Normandy invasion movies that are from a tanker's perspective?
                A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by pirateship1982
                  Overall I think the series has been great. Normandy has always been shown from the infantry perspective. Seeing it from the tanker's perspective has been refreshing. Got nailed twice in a row though.:chair:

BTW, does anyone know of any Normandy invasion movies that are from a tanker's perspective?
                  The closest thing I can recall was a History Channel show about the Sherman that used archival footage and modern reenactors.
                  Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

we learn as we live. And although I got killed twice in the firts one, I must have got a 'touch' for the game because I passed the Ike issues battle without mistakes... (feeling satisfyed).

wouldnt you love a simislar interactive gave here on Armcahir for subscribers, and moderators ect, and have somekind of interactive game that involves lots of people, and higher rankin officers (I'm not sure how to grade the players, a mil spec iq test?).
                    With officers making officer decisions, ie. Where do I put this platoon, what about my mortars???
                    Meanwhile according to their orders, the privates, corporals, sergeants, and first leftenants make their life or death decisions and try to live to see another day, and with any luck take out some of the opposition. Needless to say battlefield comissions follow.
                    Am I totally out of my depth suggesting such a game?
                    Programming never was my strong points, but If it took off, people outside Armchair mag could become privates for a trial, and I they like it they could pay a nominal fee to participate...
                    It could be the big time interactive wargame on the net!
                    Please tell me If you think Im rambling about something Impossible.
                    "SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM" - " If you want peace, prepare for war".

If acted upon in time, ww2 could have been stopped without a single bullet being fired. - Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I'm proud to say I made it on the first try!:thumb:

Skoal!

Comment

Originally posted by 17poundr
                        we learn as we live. And although I got killed twice in the firts one, I must have got a 'touch' for the game because I passed the Ike issues battle without mistakes... (feeling satisfyed).

wouldnt you love a simislar interactive gave here on Armcahir for subscribers, and moderators ect, and have somekind of interactive game that involves lots of people, and higher rankin officers (I'm not sure how to grade the players, a mil spec iq test?).
                        With officers making officer decisions, ie. Where do I put this platoon, what about my mortars???
                        Meanwhile according to their orders, the privates, corporals, sergeants, and first leftenants make their life or death decisions and try to live to see another day, and with any luck take out some of the opposition. Needless to say battlefield comissions follow.
                        Am I totally out of my depth suggesting such a game?
                        Programming never was my strong points, but If it took off, people outside Armchair mag could become privates for a trial, and I they like it they could pay a nominal fee to participate...
                        It could be the big time interactive wargame on the net!
                        Please tell me If you think Im rambling about something Impossible.
                        This is a BIG idea and it is interesting. We will discuss how such a thing could be done... it will take quite some time I think. But good thinking! :thumb:
                        Publisher
                        Armchair General Magazine
                        Weider History Group

Comment

Ooh, that is an interesting idea. Lemme see what I can think up. Stand by...
                          Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

great idea, very complicated though...

Comment

These are great, almost as good as the CDGs, in my opinion. They require some critical thinking skills, and I know that I try to limit the time allowed to make a decision, just as it would be in an actual attack. This is one of the sections of the magazine that I really look forward to.
                              Mens Est Clavis Victoriae
                              (The Mind Is The Key To Victory)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X