Defense of la Fiere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defense of la Fiere

We cannot allow Jerry to gain a foothold east of the bridge. The best way to hold a bridge/causeway is at both ends but we don't have the time or strength for that. We will use the causeway as a natural advantage. It will prevent any flanking movement forcing only one avenue of approach for the enemy.

Engineer platoon, set the burned out truck and mines on the road just east of the bridge, this is our kill zone gentlemen.

Keep your men hidden from observation and direct fire from across the river, specifically from the church. We will form a concealed reverse slope defense.

2nd Platon, anchor your position SE of the bridge in and around the farm. Take one of the bazooka teams and conceal them for flanking shots of any armor that gets across the bridge.

3rd Platoon, dig in northeast of the bridge using the hedgerows to conceal your positions from direct fire/observation. Take the 57mm gun and the second bazooka team for flanking shots into any bridge crossing.

1st Platoon with me, we will setup at the bend in the road using our 60mm mortar and machine guns to button up any armor and pin infantry trying to cross the bridge. Engineer platoon assist in fortifying our positions. B/1st Platoon and Ad hoc are in comanpy reserve. Hold your fire until they are in the kill zone. Questions? Move out!
    Attached Files

nice work doc! am i correct that you mailed in your solution too?
    Publisher
    Armchair General Magazine
    Weider History Group

Comment

Originally posted by Keef
      nice work doc! am i correct that you mailed in your solution too?
      I though we could send our solution by mail or via internet... In other words, in this forum... :quest:

Comment

you can do both but it is better to mail it in for now as most people can't do the maps on the forum and they are important.
        Publisher
        Armchair General Magazine
        Weider History Group

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X