Texas Battlefields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Battlefields

I live about 20 minutes away from the place where Texas won its independance from Mexico. im hopefully gonna make a trip over there next month and I want to take some pictures for you. As a Texan, I am very proud of that place and hold it in high regards. Everytime I visit there, I get real emotional like part of me from the past was there. There is even a graveyard where the soldiers who died in the battle are buried. Very erie place.

Jeremy

P.S. Me being the resident Texan Historian on the board, if anyone is interested in learning about our history, I can help you out.
    Govenour Of Texas and all southern provinces. Kepper Of The Holy Woodchipper.

Re: Texas Battlefields

Originally posted by jdscott7280
    I live about 20 minutes away from the place where Texas won its independance from Mexico. im hopefully gonna make a trip over there next month and I want to take some pictures for you. As a Texan, I am very proud of that place and hold it in high regards. Everytime I visit there, I get real emotional like part of me from the past was there. There is even a graveyard where the soldiers who died in the battle are buried. Very erie place.

Jeremy

P.S. Me being the resident Texan Historian on the board, if anyone is interested in learning about our history, I can help you out.
    Looking forward to seeing them, jdscott. I remember visiting the Alamo in 1982, while at Lackland AFB for Basic Training. I remember at the time thinking how small it looked for a place that held off more than 2000 Mexicans.
    Mens Est Clavis Victoriae
    (The Mind Is The Key To Victory)

Comment

Re: Texas Battlefields

Originally posted by jdscott7280

Jeremy

So you live near San Jacinto? I've never read very much about the actual field of battle. Some pictures would be nice. I live near several ACW battlefields and I know the eerie feeling you mention.
      Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X