Static Defense won't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Static Defense won't work

Most of these plans rely on a static defense with inferior numbers. It is unlikely no matter how you establish a static defensive perimeter that they wont be able to close the distance and engage your forces with a much larger force. I would send one company two miles out to the east along hill 175. They are to engage the enemy from maximum distance and continue to engage them until they close within their armor's range. This company then leaves as if in a rout radioing ahead information to the 2nd company which has established a line two miles from the airport and two miles from the first company. As the British tanks close the distance in pursuit of the 1st company the 2nd company engages at maximum range. This actions takes out more of the tanks and allows the 1st company to restablish themselves at one mile from the airport. 2nd company then disengages and retreats to the airport where the 3rd company is waiting. The 2nd again engages at maximum range and then retreats to the airport where all three companies engage from maximum range. If the British look to be able to close this distance companies continue this leap frogging retreat until they can recapture. This allows the German forces to continue to use the only advantage they have, longer range guns.
    Abandon Airfield and move to town and hills
    0%
    Hold airfield and engage as Brits approach
    0%
    Create defense in depth like described here
    0%
    Move out and engage on the road
    0%

I have better tanks. I have better crews. My plan is to move into a position covered by terrain mentioned above. Then hit the Brits (hopefully before they've fully deployed but I won't lose sleep if they've already formed into a battle formation) with my full force. They'll turn and run as soon as they've taken a few losses (they'll think the whole German army is backing the attack).

They shouldn't run past us once engaged. They'd be allowing us to cut them off from their retreat AND they don't know if there's another 40 German tanks defending the air field (which is probably the last thing the defenders told them).

If the Brits split up to hit the field form multiple approaches, all the better. I'll hit them in detail. So what if they capture the field. As long as I have the range, they can't hold it & that's the key.

If they don't run (and win), the whole army is lost anyway. Staying near the air field and defending gives away any advantage we had in Mobility.

I agree with all of you that think the key is to maneuver to battle. Any plan you have that doesn't anchor your tanks to the field is probably more likely to succeed - the British defense proved that. If we stay close to the Air Field, the Brits will be able to observe and overwhelm our defenses at the time and place of their choosing.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X