Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AG -- Only land based warfare?

Hello all,

Does anyone know what type of articles will be included in Armchair General?

Any sea warfare?

Any air campaign history or tactics?

HOLD YOUR HORSES... Before I get mega flamed, an armchair general in my definition is anyone who has designs and an interest in military tactics and history. NOT just land warfare.

Anyone know?

Best regards,

Chris H., Atlanta

I'm in the UK, so my copy of the 1st issue hasn't arrived yet (7 weeks - grrrr, I hate the Post Office ), but I don't see why ACG should be limited to land warfare only.

I see no reason for you to get flamed following your query, it sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

Dr. S.
    Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

I don't work for the magazine, but based on the topics that have been generated online I doubt very much that sea and air conflicts will not be addressed at some point.
      Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Have faith.

We'll get our licks in yet.
        On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

We will be "land" heavy but PROMISE that you'll see decent air and naval coverage.
          Publisher
          Armchair General Magazine
          Weider History Group

Comment

Re: AG -- Only land based warfare?

Originally posted by PolarSea
            Hello all,

Does anyone know what type of articles will be included in Armchair General?

Any sea warfare?

Any air campaign history or tactics?

HOLD YOUR HORSES... Before I get mega flamed, an armchair general in my definition is anyone who has designs and an interest in military tactics and history. NOT just land warfare.

Anyone know?

Best regards,

Chris H., Atlanta
            I would think that all aspects of warfare will covered - I hope so anyway. To cover only land warfare would exclude too much. One must recall, though, that land warfare has been written about far more than any other, both because it has existed longer, and because historians have seemed more disposed to write about it.
            Mens Est Clavis Victoriae
            (The Mind Is The Key To Victory)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
              Berlin.1945
              by casanova
              The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
              Yesterday, 23:41
            • casanova
              AW 169M
              by casanova
              The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
              Yesterday, 23:26
            • JBark
              What changed?
              by JBark
              There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
              Yesterday, 18:54
            Working...
            X