Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just noticed you can change the colour scheme, way down on the bottom left. Really cool thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by joea View Post
      I just noticed you can change the colour scheme, way down on the bottom left. Really cool thanks!
      Which one do you like? I've tried Denim and seem to like it, the others have a bit more contrast.
      "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
      Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

• Denims is nice though a bit too bright, I like and use grunge.

Comment

• Originally posted by At ease View Post

<SNIP>
          P.S. You will note that there is very little contrast between the "normal", or unquoted, part of a post and the portion that is under quote tags.

The previous version of the forum provided a much greater contrast which made it much clearer to view and thus comprehend.

If this has not been pointed out thus far, could you see(pardon the pun) what you could do about this?

I am sure that many of us older members with slowly degrading eyesight would benefit from this.

Thanks again.
          I just noticed you can change the colour scheme, way down on the bottom left. Really cool thanks!

Which one do you like? I've tried Denim and seem to like it, the others have a bit more contrast.
          Thanks to Joea and AB(not those whose "job" it is to point these things out), I now know about what changing the colour can do.

Using "Gradient"(a logical choice of descriptor that does seem to suggest a distinct change of levels), the contrast between quoted and unquoted portions of the post is now increased to a more satisfactory degree, making it easier to distinguish between these two portions of a post.

Thank you Joea and AB.

This aspect is not as good as I have a preference for the older version in this respect, but it will do for now.

If only we could still "Multi Quote".
          Last edited by At ease; 09 Jun 18, 20:23.
          "It's like shooting rats in a barrel."
          "You'll be in a barrel if you don't watch out for the fighters!"

"Talking about airplanes is a very pleasant mental disease."
          ó Sergei(son of Igor) Sikorsky, 'AOPA Pilot' magazine February 2003.

Comment

• I got my rank and stars back!! Next flags please! Thanks again Ashley and whatever tech people are working behind the scenes. Plus our own GCoyote.

Comment

• It might help to fix the ignore function the one person that isn't blocked on ignore their rank is General of the forums which might be the problem because moderaters cannot be put on ignore and the new website might consider them to be a moderator.
              Last edited by Snowshoveler; 11 Jun 18, 21:11.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snowshoveler View Post
                It might help to fix the ignore function the one person that isn't blocked on ignore their rank is General of the forums which might be the problem because moderaters cannot be put on ignore and the new website might consider them to be a moderator.
                Nope, still a little buggy. There isn't much special about the General rank as far as the site settings go. No connection to the Ignore function if it were working correctly.
                Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

• Will ribbons be returned at some point?
                  "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

• I second Paul Mann's post
                    Last edited by Dibble201Bty; 28 Jun 19, 00:41.
                    ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                    All human ills he can subdue,
                    Or with a bauble or medal
                    Can win mans heart for you;
                    And many a blessing know to stew
                    To make a megloamaniac bright;
                    Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                    The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

• Originally posted by ashleymccabe View Post
                      Hello All,
                      My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum version update:
                      - Awards
                      - Flags
                      - Threaded and Hybrid views
                      - Calendar events are something they are not able to transfer.

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
                      - Smilie are now working.
                      - Color/Theme changes - You can also select other themes as the bottom of the site again.
                      - Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
                      - Ranking is now showing up.
                      - Private messaging is now working.
                      - Like button is now working.
                      - Search should be better now as they have rescanned the site.

Some issues I am still working on are:
                      - The Ignore list issue I have a ticket in for.

One other note I have seen a lot is theme/color related items. I know this is important to all of you but at the moment the most important thing was getting you back a functioning forum with as many features I can get you back from before.

Theme/color is something we can change but it the moment I do not have the time and resources to fix all of the issue and design the site. I did do some theme updates yesterday but it is very time consuming. Please just be patient with the forum as we get it back to as close as I can to what you had before.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know. Please only send real issues not things like I hate the colors of the site or the site looks cheap now. I am trying to get as many issues fixed for you as i can and If i have to read through stuff like that it's going to take me longer to get stuff fixed.
                      I LIKE the new format. No more silly negative rep wars.
                      KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND - IT IS APPRECIATED..

The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
                        Will ribbons be returned at some point?
                        I think having ribbons returned is top of the list for priorities. Much depends on increasing forum traffic. If forum traffic increases, we become a more valuable commodity for the owners, and hopefully they will respond by tossing us a few software crumbs.

Comment

• I stopped posting a couple months ago. The only thread topics that the majority of the members are interested in and contribute to seem to be debates on best tank, best plane, best this or that. And Lodestars interesting threads like what was the most neglected aspect of the war ect. Now the threads I am referring to are great but they seem to be all there is now.

More serious discussions and not just debates of "the best" (which, by nature, might turn out controversial), about individual campaigns, battles, operations, tactics, and such are what is missing and anyone who starts a thread of this type will hardly get a response. As a result they could keep the thread going by continuously posting on their own thread but what fun is that?

Its not the lack of ribbons, accumulated stars from reps and such trivial things which I could care less about but the topics that could be part of the reason many former members do not visit the site. I still do. I monitor the site from time to time but its still the same old topics repeating themselves. I also think some of the moderators are a little bit over the top with their "enforcement."

Just my 2 cents....
                          Theo mir ist die munition ausgegangen ich werde diesen ramman auf wiedersehen uns in walhalla

Comment

• Originally posted by Kurt Knispel View Post
                            I stopped posting a couple months ago. The only thread topics that the majority of the members are interested in and contribute to seem to be debates on best tank, best plane, best this or that. And Lodestars interesting threads like what was the most neglected aspect of the war ect. Now the threads I am referring to are great but they seem to be all there is now.

More serious discussions and not just debates of "the best" (which, by nature, might turn out controversial), about individual campaigns, battles, operations, tactics, and such are what is missing and anyone who starts a thread of this type will hardly get a response. As a result they could keep the thread going by continuously posting on their own thread but what fun is that?

Its not the lack of ribbons, accumulated stars from reps and such trivial things which I could care less about but the topics that could be part of the reason many former members do not visit the site. I still do. I monitor the site from time to time but its still the same old topics repeating themselves. I also think some of the moderators are a little bit over the top with their "enforcement."

Just my 2 cents....
                            the vast silent majority of us hope that you come back soon, Kurt.
                            You provide a lot of substance . sometimes, it is two steps forward, one step back....
                            The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

• It's a circular argument. More people might show up if we fixed the items that don't work. Chicken vs egg kind of thing, but given that the newcomer's introduction to the forum is the most important and lasting impression, I believe fixing stuff comes before recruitment.

Otherwise, we're a little short of selling points right at the moment.

Nice work so far, though, and thank you.
                              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X