This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martok View Post

Will you please answer my question. You have answered everyone else's, therefore a precedent has been set.

Again, I have been running this thread:

https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/f...n-of-reckoning

for some time now. After the update, none of the videos appear, even the most recent video which was posted after the update. I have asked in the thread for someone to simply state whether they can see the videos, but no one has yet to answer that question either. All I see in any post is the wording and white screen, although the youtube tags are visible if I hit the edit tag. Can you please tell me why this is?
    No, I can't. Odd because I posted a YouTube video Friday and it seemed to work right out of the box.

Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorque View Post
      So I tried P.M.ing GCoyote and Ashley M. simultaneously and the notification was returned that GCoyote has exceeded his message limits, i.e. he is now incommuncato. This smacks of a palace coup!!

Is Gary locked-up in the ACG dungeon?
      Unfortunately, the new system counts a number of automated system notifications as "messages" and that's what't clogging up my in box. Still working on clearing that out.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post

Losing all the old pics is a hard blow, but if that means the new site is free of the old infections that always used to plague us, then I call that a WIN.

And it is easier to deal with the new colors that the flat whiteness, but a little more would be appreciated.

And as for the above (can't multi-quote yet, but it is post #68 that I mean) that was a great little feature that I never saw anywhere else. So were the awards and ribbons, any good news there?
        Still working on basic functions like videos. Awards will require a new plug-in we don't have yet.

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
          Oh yeah ...
          BTW & FWIW, I just noticed that the "edit" function has no time limit. Not sure if that's a good feature or not, since it allows a lot of "history" here to be rewritten. .
          I rest that to what should be the old value. Watch it for a day or so and let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by GCoyote View Post

Still working on basic functions like videos. Awards will require a new plug-in we don't have yet.
            Thanks for the answer, I was wondering if something was wrong at my end.
            "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
              It was suggested I mention this here;

Still wondering why game reviews posted by Armchair General are in the North Korea sub-forum instead of somewhere more appropriate?
              They fill most of the first page and on to the second;
              https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/f...ic/north-korea
              I've moved them to the Board Games channel but they may have been intended to go on the ACG Magazine site rather than the Forums. I'll find out on Monday.

Comment

The YouTube wrapper stopped working consistently when the film icon was replaced with the YouTube logo icon. I tried to post a video earlier and can't.

Also, can the expiration for "New Posts" be put back to it's originally setting to never expire? It is expiring really fast. I walk away for a few minutes and then all the New Post listings is gone. If I log off and log back on, it is also gone.
                Last edited by Salinator; 01 Jun 18, 20:10.
                Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

YouTube videos are treated like any other hyperlinks now, click on the link icon, paste in the full url, done.

I've reset the new post expiration to the old value.

Comment

Originally posted by GCoyote View Post

No, I can't. Odd because I posted a YouTube video Friday and it seemed to work right out of the box.
                    Thanks for the response. Apologies if my original post came across as negative.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post

Losing all the old pics is a hard blow, but if that means the new site is free of the old infections that always used to plague us, then I call that a WIN.

And it is easier to deal with the new colors that the flat whiteness, but a little more would be appreciated.

And as for the above (can't multi-quote yet, but it is post #68 that I mean) that was a great little feature that I never saw anywhere else. So were the awards and ribbons, any good news there?
                      Sorry awards and ribbons are gone for the time being.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowshoveler View Post
                        Not everyone on my ignore list is blocked
                        We have a ticket in for this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
                          I know in the old setup, we had an option of editing out forums we didn't want to see when using the 'New Posts' function. Has that been retained?
                          I think that feature might be gone.

Comment

Originally posted by At ease View Post

Any and all search functions, using the search box located at the top/right of every page, are inactive.

For example, I have tried a search, both basic and "advanced", using the search term "battleship"(a not unusual search term for a military history forum) with the following result:

Search>>

I have tried a lot of different permutations using different search terms with similar, unsuccessful, results.

P.S. Timestamp, for my location, now seems to be functioning correctly.

Thank you.

"Location" means just what it suggests i.e. the city or region that I live in.

It's a shame about "flags" i.e. country of origin or of current residence.

(It is not connected to the "flag" tag displayed in "Edit Quote Flag Like")

Please try to reinstate this if possible.
                            this should be fixed. they re scaned the site. So search should be working again.

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post

No one on my Ignore List seems to be blocked, does the Ignore List even exist anymore? this is important to me, because I considerate a waste of my time to listen or read worthless, repetitive BS from the same Trolls day after day.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowshoveler View Post
                                The ignore function still doesn't block everyone.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X