This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

My issue and question concerns prior-posted Youtube videos. I have been running a thread in the Gaming forum, MMO Games sub-forum for a year or so now, and with the format change none of the posted videos now appear. I tried editing a post to re-insert a video but that had no affect. All I see where the videos are supposed to be is white-screen. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Marmat View Post

Hi Ashley,

I'm hoping you'll say Threaded and Hybrid views will again be available, and the fix is just around the corner?

Denis
      Hello,
      Im sorry to say i just read that feature is no longer in option on the forum version we are on.

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
        Panther 3485 suggests/raises an interesting question~topic;
        Can we still do Polls as a thread?
        I checked that out already. To start a new thread, I can click the "New Topic" button. The "Create new Topic" field opens and one of the icons, the one that looks like three small vertical bars, is to "Insert Poll". However, I haven't explored that option yet to see exactly what features it actually offers.
        "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

So I just tried to "Like" a post and noticed that the place I clicked then changed to "Unlike", and would seem that no message can be attached. I assume this is the new rep technique and is a bit different from our prior system.

Comment

A couple of new observations~questions;
            1) just tried to edit the post above and couldn't get the cursor to set behind the smilie so I could click/enter to start another line of text below. Another quirk?
            2) I just liked the same poster again for another post in another thread and notice that;
            A. Unlike format before, one doesn't have to spread more rep around before giving to the same poster again.
            B. The number box to the right of the "Like" button changed from 1 to 2, suggesting this is showing either a tally of the "Like's" received by that poster, or the number of "Like's" I've given him, or .... ???

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Work_permit View Post
                Thank you for all the work you've put into the new site, Ashley. Where I can see rep messages? Also, I seem to have lost my number of reps displayed when posting. I guess we have removed "downvotes" on messages?
                Are you talking aboutReputation messages? If so I think they may be gone from the site.

Its not that you have lost Reputation it just a different scoring system on this new platform. so it wont show up until you hit 100.

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                  Go to "User Settings" on the tool bar. Select "Account". Scroll down to "Conversation Detail Options". Right next to it will be "Visible Post Elements". "Show Signatures" is immediately below that. Most likely it is checked already as it was for me. Do not just uncheck it and then check it again and save, as nothing will happen. For some reason it need to cycle the options, much like shutting down the computer and then starting it back up after a minute when a simple restart won't solve the issue. You need to uncheck, save, wait, check, save.
                  Got it, Thanks!
                  Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                    All the videos show as a grey block asking if I want to run adobe flash. If I click on that, the post it is in goes blank and I get nothing.

Also, it appears that the use of picture albums is no longer a feature. That's really too bad too.
                    Can you please send me a link to one of the videos. Yes, that was a feature that had to go, sorry.

Comment

Allow me to try again:

My issue and question concerns prior-posted Youtube videos. I have been running a thread in the Gaming forum, MMO Games sub-forum for a year or so now, and with the format change none of the posted videos now appear. I tried editing a post to re-insert a video but that had no affect. All I see where the videos are supposed to be is white-screen. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

It was suggested I mention this here;

Still wondering why game reviews posted by Armchair General are in the North Korea sub-forum instead of somewhere more appropriate?
                        They fill most of the first page and on to the second;
                        https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/f...ic/north-korea

Comment

Oh yeah ...
                          BTW & FWIW, I just noticed that the "edit" function has no time limit. Not sure if that's a good feature or not, since it allows a lot of "history" here to be rewritten. .

Comment

Most of the images in this thread(Name that Aircraft):

https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/f...-that-aircraft

have been deleted.

Only those images(not many) posted as "attachments", rather than in the main body of the post, appear to have been saved.

Last edited by Salinator; 25 May 18, 19:24.
                            "It's like shooting rats in a barrel."
                            "You'll be in a barrel if you don't watch out for the fighters!"

"Talking about airplanes is a very pleasant mental disease."
                            Sergei(son of Igor) Sikorsky, 'AOPA Pilot' magazine February 2003.

Comment

Now my notifications only goes back to 2. How do they go back to zero?

Pruitt
                              Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Snowshoveler View Post
                                Not everyone on my ignore list is blocked
                                No one on my Ignore List seems to be blocked, does the Ignore List even exist anymore? this is important to me, because I considerate a waste of my time to listen or read worthless, repetitive BS from the same Trolls day after day.
                                Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X