Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the videos show as a grey block asking if I want to run adobe flash. If I click on that, the post it is in goes blank and I get nothing.

Also, it appears that the use of picture albums is no longer a feature. That's really too bad too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashley M. View Post

Thank you for your list. Please see below.
      1. Can you please tell me what part of the search that is not working for you?
      2. Let me know if the time stamp looks good now. I think i found the setting.
      3. What is the location function?
      4. Flags are gone for good sorry.
      Any and all search functions, using the search box located at the top/right of every page, are inactive.

For example, I have tried a search, both basic and "advanced", using the search term "battleship"(a not unusual search term for a military history forum) with the following result:

Search>>

Search Result

Search Results: 0 result in 0.0158 seconds.

battleship

There are no results that meet this criteria.
      I have tried a lot of different permutations using different search terms with similar, unsuccessful, results.

P.S. Timestamp, for my location, now seems to be functioning correctly.

Thank you.

"Location" means just what it suggests i.e. the city or region that I live in.

It's a shame about "flags" i.e. country of origin or of current residence.

(It is not connected to the "flag" tag displayed in "Edit Quote Flag Like")

Please try to reinstate this if possible.
      Last edited by At ease; 24 May 18, 20:42.
      "It's like shooting rats in a barrel."
      "You'll be in a barrel if you don't watch out for the fighters!"

"Talking about airplanes is a very pleasant mental disease."
      Sergei(son of Igor) Sikorsky, 'AOPA Pilot' magazine February 2003.

Comment

Still no signature and no smilies showing on my posts.
        Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Hello, That might be a feature we will have to wait until Gary gets back from vacation to talk to him about. Or are you talking about how you could make the the whole page as read?
          It was a system that allowed members to edit which forum/sub-forum they didn't want to see while using the 'New Posts' function. For example, if I didn't want to see any posts from Barracks, or from Current Events... I could select these(or any number of forums) and this would stop all post from those forums appearing when I use the 'New Post' button.

It seems to be still in the system, but I haven't yet worked out where to find it, or how to utilise it. I say that because posts I've made in the forums I previously subscribed in show up in my profile, marked with a small tick next to the word 'Subscribed". I fear it's mixed up with all the members who have over the years I sent or received friend requests... all 404 of them. Hmmmm.
          Last edited by Achtung Baby; 25 May 18, 05:40.
          "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
          Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
            Still no signature and no smilies showing on my posts.
            Go to "User Settings" on the tool bar. Select "Account". Scroll down to "Conversation Detail Options". Right next to it will be "Visible Post Elements". "Show Signatures" is immediately below that. Most likely it is checked already as it was for me. Do not just uncheck it and then check it again and save, as nothing will happen. For some reason it need to cycle the options, much like shutting down the computer and then starting it back up after a minute when a simple restart won't solve the issue. You need to uncheck, save, wait, check, save.
            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
              All the videos show as a grey block asking if I want to run adobe flash. If I click on that, the post it is in goes blank and I get nothing.

Also, it appears that the use of picture albums is no longer a feature. That's really too bad too.
              Same here. And I have Adobe Flash.

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post

Same here. And I have Adobe Flash.
                So do I...

I also would really like the album feature back. I regularly posted items from mine to the board.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

So do I...

I also would really like the album feature back. I regularly posted items from mine to the board.
                  Go to my profile and click on Media. I posted that picture for the thread about the analog clock and nothing more. It is now in my file despite doing nothing to facilitate that.

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by At ease View Post

<SNIP>

"Location" means just what it suggests i.e. the city or region that I live in.

Please try to reinstate this if possible.[/I]
                    "Location" problem solved.

When I click on a member's user name, which takes me to that member's "User Profile", their location is displayed.

Two down.....two to go.....

P.S. Signature now showing.
                    Last edited by At ease; 25 May 18, 04:08.
                    "It's like shooting rats in a barrel."
                    "You'll be in a barrel if you don't watch out for the fighters!"

"Talking about airplanes is a very pleasant mental disease."
                    Sergei(son of Igor) Sikorsky, 'AOPA Pilot' magazine February 2003.

Comment

Thank you for your list. Please see below.
                      1. Can you please tell me what part of the search that is not working for you?
                      2. Let me know if the time stamp looks good now. I think i found the setting.
                      3. What is the location function?
                      4. Flags are gone for good sorry.
                      Hi Ashley,

First of all, thanks very much for the excellent work you have done, and the same thanks to anyone else who worked with you on this.

I have two questions/queries at this moment:

(1) Flags being gone for good, though somewhat regrettable, is not going to keep me awake at night.
                      On the other hand however, I am somewhat concerned about awards.
                      If all awards given thus far are gone for good, that is one thing. I guess we can live with that.
                      But does this also mean that awards will never be available from this time going forward?
                      I ask with particular concern because I like to run tournaments and the awards (ribbons) are - for a significant number of members - a good incentive to participate.
                      I get the sense also, that many members enjoy accumulating awards over time, so that after a few years they can sport the proverbial "chestful of medals".
                      If the loss of the ability to give awards is permanent and it is impossible to introduce them at any time in the future, I think this would be a significant disappointment for many.
                      Of course, I intend to continue running tournaments anyway (assuming this facility still exists) but I fear some drop-off in member interest if we can never give awards.

(2) My remaining item is a question regarding display:
                      When I enter the Mod page, it fills my screen. However, when I am on any of the regular pages - including this one - only the center of my screen displays. As a result, at least half my screen is blank (on either side of the page). Two large areas of pale yellow nothing.
                      Is there a way to adjust this without impacting on my monitor settings or the display of other pages or items on my screen?
                      I did look to see if I could find a way to adjust this within the options offered by the forum but couldn't find it.

Regards,
                      Paul

"England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

" ...Or are you talking about how you could make the the whole page as read?
                        If that's the same question I was asking, yes please.

"England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

I am really sorry to see the flags and the awards disappear

Comment

Panther 3485 suggests/raises an interesting question~topic;
                            Can we still do Polls as a thread?
                            TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Ashley, thank you for your work. I am having a problem with my notifications. It seems to be stuck on one left. Then I move on to "New Posts" and find several more threads I have posted on which are not in my notifications. I am hoping this only requires tweaking...

Are avatars limited in size now? I changed back to an old avatar and it does not fit right anymore?

Pruitt
                              Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Ashley, welcome to ACG

When scrolling through posts, I encounter black squares and rectangle blocking parts of the narratives. They tend to flicker around or rest in one spot. Is this a countermeasure to having an ad-blocker software turned on?
                                Leadership is the ability to rise above conventional wisdom.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X