X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
    My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum version update:
    - Awards
    - Flags
    - Threaded and Hybrid views
    - Calendar events are something they are not able to transfer.

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
    - Smilie are now working.
    - Color/Theme changes - You can also select other themes as the bottom of the site again.
    - Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
    - Ranking is now showing up.
    - Private messaging is now working.
    - Like button is now working.
    - Search should be better now as they have rescanned the site.

Some issues I am still working on are:
    - The Ignore list issue I have a ticket in for.

One other note I have seen a lot is theme/color related items. I know this is important to all of you but at the moment the most important thing was getting you back a functioning forum with as many features I can get you back from before.

Theme/color is something we can change but it the moment I do not have the time and resources to fix all of the issue and design the site. I did do some theme updates yesterday but it is very time consuming. Please just be patient with the forum as we get it back to as close as I can to what you had before.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know. Please only send real issues not things like I hate the colors of the site or the site looks cheap now. I am trying to get as many issues fixed for you as i can and If i have to read through stuff like that it's going to take me longer to get stuff fixed.
    Last edited by ashleymccabe; 04 Jun 18, 09:54.

Hi Ashley:

Thanks for the heads-up and all the hard work that has been put into the site upgrade.

Woohoo smilies!
    Last edited by Gorque; 24 May 18, 15:55.

Comment

Thank you for all the work you've put into the new site, Ashley. Where I can see rep messages? Also, I seem to have lost my number of reps displayed when posting. I guess we have removed "downvotes" on messages?

Comment

Thank you Ashley, I have done webwork in the past and I know how much of a pain it can be, the worst was dealing with users.

Comment

Originally posted by Work_permit View Post
          Thank you for all the work you've put into the new site, Ashley. Where I can see rep messages? Also, I seem to have lost my number of reps displayed when posting. I guess we have removed "downvotes" on messages?
          Yes...It is the new, kinder, gentler ACG where all opinions are appreciated and accepted.

Comment

So I tried P.M.ing GCoyote and Ashley M. simultaneously and the notification was returned that GCoyote has exceeded his message limits, i.e. he is now incommuncato. This smacks of a palace coup!!

Is Gary locked-up in the ACG dungeon?

Comment

Ashley, thanks for your hard work.

Is it possible to reinstall the Search function for the Member's List?

Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Not everyone on my ignore list is blocked

Comment

Originally posted by Ashley M. View Post
                  Hello All,
                  My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place. Awards it one of the only things that have gone away and won't be coming back. that is due to a limitation of the new hosting.

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
                  - Smilie are now working.
                  - Color/Theme changes
                  - Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
                  - Ranking is now showing up.
                  - Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
                  - Missing items from the Calendar
                  - Like button the posts is giving an error.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know. Please only send real issues not things like I hate the colors of the site or the site looks cheap now. I am trying to get as many issues fixed for you as i can and If i have to read through stuff like that it's going to take me longer to get stuff fixed.
                  Hi Ashley,

I'm hoping you'll say Threaded and Hybrid views will again be available, and the fix is just around the corner?

Denis
                  "I am Groot"
                  - Groot

Comment

I know in the old setup, we had an option of editing out forums we didn't want to see when using the 'New Posts' function. Has that been retained?
                    "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                    Ernest Hemingway.
                    “The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.”

Comment

1.The "Search" function is still not working.

2.The timestamp on my post is incorrect.

It is one hour advanced from real time, as if Daylight Saving time is still in place here currently.

A visit to "Account settings" shows that the setting there is correct(G.M.T. +10), but the timestamp displayed is not.

3.The "Location" function, which used to be displayed, is now gone.

4."Flags" are gone.
                      Last edited by At ease; 24 May 18, 19:37.
                      "It's like shooting rats in a barrel."
                      "You'll be in a barrel if you don't watch out for the fighters!"

"Talking about airplanes is a very pleasant mental disease."
                      Sergei(son of Igor) Sikorsky, 'AOPA Pilot' magazine February 2003.

Comment

Learning a new system is a minor pita, I'm certain most will adjust. Thanks for your labor Ashley M.
                        Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by At ease View Post
                          1.The "Search" function is still not working.

2.The timestamp on my post is incorrect.

It is one hour advanced from real time, as if Daylight Saving time is still in place here currently.

A visit to "Account settings" shows that the setting there is correct(G.M.T. +10), but the timestamp displayed is not.

3.The "Location" function, which used to be displayed, is now gone.

4."Flags" are gone.
                          Thank you for your list. Please see below.
                          1. Can you please tell me what part of the search that is not working for you?
                          2. Let me know if the time stamp looks good now. I think i found the setting.
                          3. What is the location function?
                          4. Flags are gone for good sorry.

Comment

Is there a way to change the colors? All I have seen is that you changed the background color. I want/need to change all that white and grey.
                            The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] needs YOUR HELP NOW HERE!

Comment

Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
                              I know in the old setup, we had an option of editing out forums we didn't want to see when using the 'New Posts' function. Has that been retained?
                              Hello, That might be a feature we will have to wait until Gary gets back from vacation to talk to him about. Or are you talking about how you could make the the whole page as read?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X