Pretty soon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty soon!

I'm quite interested to see how this forum will develop, but it's a bit of a waiting game as the magazine won't have it's first issue until early February. I think the opportunity to have the authors get online with us and give us more detailed information reagrding questions we may have, and to defend their positions and opinions, will be an enjoyable experience!
    "When I am abroad I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the Government of my country. I make up for lost time when I am at home."

Winston Churchill

What's the plan of attack here, Shane? Are we gonna have an author answer a bunch of pre-written questions and have them transcribed onto the Forum, or will we have a chatroom-style live discussion?
    Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

The idea for this forum is that when people read this article (Battlefield Leader) in the magazine about Patton I imagine there will be many VERY different opinions. In the article readers are encouraged to come voice those opinions here. We will ask the author of the article to monitor this forum and post replies from time to time.
      Publisher
      Armchair General Magazine
      Weider History Group

Comment

One of the things that is usually omitted in discussions about Patton was that he was one of the few that had access to Benchley Park products. That is, communication decrypts. I forget, which name was it in Europe: Magic or Ultra ?

An item I found omitted in the article about his '44 Winter action to relieve Bastogne is that Patton left his communication units inplace and operating with false/dummy messaging so that the Germans didn't know that he was moving.

Comment

Originally posted by Keef
          The idea for this forum is that when people read this article (Battlefield Leader) in the magazine about Patton I imagine there will be many VERY different opinions. In the article readers are encouraged to come voice those opinions here. We will ask the author of the article to monitor this forum and post replies from time to time.
          Has this started?
          http://canadiangenealogyandresearch.ca

Soviet and Canadian medal collector!

Comment

Originally posted by dannybou
            Has this started?
            Yes it has...if you read the thread on General Franks for example you'll see severals posts by Bob Leonhard, the author of that article (and of the War College dept too).
            In the What Next, General thread you'll find posts by Brad Gericke, the author of that article.
            Publisher
            Armchair General Magazine
            Weider History Group

Comment

Originally posted by Keef
              Yes it has...if you read the thread on General Franks for example you'll see severals posts by Bob Leonhard, the author of that article (and of the War College dept too).
              In the What Next, General thread you'll find posts by Brad Gericke, the author of that article.
              :thumb:
              http://canadiangenealogyandresearch.ca

Soviet and Canadian medal collector!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X