Kiev 1941 – Book Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiev 1941 – Book Review

'Kiev 1941; Hitler's Battle for Supremacy in the East' is a well-written discussion, not just of the Battle of Kiev, but of the progress and outlook for Barbarossa as a whole, a book with the premise that "The battle was not the seamless encounter often portrayed."

More...

Feed Source

Hi, I've moved to Kiev at the beginning of the year and I've been enjoying reading historical books about this wonderful city. I'll be sure to read this one in the weeks to come but I prefer softcover books and I can't seem to find one for this title. Would you have a tip by any chance? Cheers! Erin.

Comment

Originally posted by ErinB View Post
      Hi, I've moved to Kiev at the beginning of the year and I've been enjoying reading historical books about this wonderful city. I'll be sure to read this one in the weeks to come but I prefer softcover books and I can't seem to find one for this title. Would you have a tip by any chance? Cheers! Erin.
      Nice to know you are in the city which had held the centre of civilization of eastern Europe while the Byzantium Empire was self destructing. Kyiv, if I remember correctly, was wiped out by the Tartars and the Mongols in the 11th to 12th centuries. I have to find the histories of this time. I think my family has them overseas. There was a two volume selection by Vasiliev on the Byzantine empire. Other histories were destroyed by the Mongols there is an english translation.

Here the book discusses the envelopment and destruction of a Russian army due to orders not to withdraw from Stalin. Hitler made the same mistakes later in the war for the other side.
      Last edited by Nickuru; 20 Nov 12, 09:45. Reason: spelling
      When looking for the reason why things go wrong, never rule out stupidity, Murphy's Law Nș 8
      Those who do not remember history are doomed to repeat it. George Santayana
      "Ach du schwein" a German parrot captured at Bukoba GEA the only prisoner taken

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X