Your own animations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your own animations

So I recently announced plans to have a page where I will post users' very own animations. In the near future I will give more details as to criteria, suggestions etc.

For now, I'm just wondering what battles are you currently working on/intend to work on?
    Like great battles? How about when they're animated for easy viewing?
    Visit my site, The Art of Battle: Animated Battle Maps at www.theartofbattle.com.

You sir, have a very interesting and informative website. I had never thought of presenting a battle that way through a powerpoint presentation. I look forward to seeing more works from it.
    "With great authority comes great responsibility."

Comment

Originally posted by milhistorian View Post
      You sir, have a very interesting and informative website. I had never thought of presenting a battle that way through a powerpoint presentation. I look forward to seeing more works from it.
      I agree 100% this is what is needed, great work !

Only one detail though if I may...I don't know who is talking, but it sounds like someone who is reading a book! Get some expression in his voice, some liveliness, in order to prohibit listeneners from falling asleep.

You have some good visuals there, get the right audio in there and it's perfect

Greets,
      Stratego
      Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

Jonathan, excellent job. However I have to echo Stratego in regards to the Audio component. To keep your audience's interest you will need to consider adding more 'Verve' to your narration.

That being said, very nice site.
        Last edited by Arthwys; 17 Feb 10, 11:18.
        BoRG
        'A Battle is the Shield Wall. It's smelling your enemy's breath while he tries to disembowel you with an axe'

Comment

This is really good. Stay with it. I will be following this site for sure!
          17thAirborneSon

"The horizon is unlimited." Major General Matthew Ridgeway

Comment

I did a powerpoint animation of Second Manassas some years ago. There was some discussion about showing it at the Manassas visitor's center but nothing came of it. Anyone interested in it?
            Neal
            BA Amer. Military History, AMU 2009
            MA Military History, CW concentration, AMU 2012
            Manassas NBP Volunteer
            ACG.com contributor:
            Longstreet's Attack and the Struggle for Chinn Ridge
            Battle of First Bull Run atlas and battlefield guide

Comment

What's the website?
              "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

Originally posted by Super Six 4 View Post
                What's the website?
                Don't have it posted online. I wonder is Jonathan is still planning on hosting other animations on his?
                Manassas NBP Volunteer
                ACG.com contributor:

Comment

Originally posted by ManassasVol View Post
                  Don't have it posted online.
                  Blast.
                  "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

Originally posted by ManassasVol View Post
                    Don't have it posted online. I wonder is Jonathan is still planning on hosting other animations on his?
                    I am definitely planning on hosting animations by other authors on my website with full credits to those authors.

Right now, I'm in the process of creating a user page where others can create their own animations, articles etc. As of now, I have an article on the history of offensive land tactics lined up but I would love to host your animation.

All content by other authors would remain their intellectual property; I would only provide an outlet for which it may be presented.

E-mail me at jonwebb4290@hotmail.com so we can discuss this.
                    Visit my site, The Art of Battle: Animated Battle Maps at www.theartofbattle.com.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan4290 View Post
                      I am definitely planning on hosting animations by other authors on my website with full credits to those authors.

Right now, I'm in the process of creating a user page where others can create their own animations, articles etc. As of now, I have an article on the history of offensive land tactics lined up but I would love to host your animation.

All content by other authors would remain their intellectual property; I would only provide an outlet for which it may be presented.

E-mail me at jonwebb4290@hotmail.com so we can discuss this.
                      Let me clean it up some. It was originally intended to be presented in public with a narration so I'll have to add some text (like you've done with yours) to explain what going on. I'll email you when ready, should get it done over the weekend.
                      Manassas NBP Volunteer
                      ACG.com contributor:

Comment

Excellent, take your time.

Also, don't feel compelled to follow my formula for animations so any features included/not included in my own are welcome such as audio narrations etc.

Look forward to seeing it!

Comment

It needs some updating. I didn't realize that it had been over 3 years since I made it. And with powerpoint having so many new features, I'm curious now how I can improve it. It covers the Peninsula and Second Manassas campaigns.
                          Manassas NBP Volunteer
                          ACG.com contributor:

Comment

Take the time you need, we all look forward to it.

Comment

Thanks for the confidence.

Was able to spend half the day on it. Coming along nicely; about halfway there.
                              Manassas NBP Volunteer
                              ACG.com contributor:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X