Welcome!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome!

This is the forum for all things related to The Art of Battle website's content and battle animations in general.

If you have any questions intended for me directly, do not hesitate to e-mail me at jonwebb4290@hotmail.com.
    Like great battles? How about when they're animated for easy viewing?
    Visit my site, The Art of Battle: Animated Battle Maps at www.theartofbattle.com.

Congrats on getting your site hosted on ACG!

I've enjoyed your stuff since I joined the forums.
    If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Originally posted by Legate View Post
      Congrats on getting your site hosted on ACG!

I've enjoyed your stuff since I joined the forums.
      Ditto for me!
      History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
      _________
      BoRG

Comment

Looks like great stuff. Keep up the excellent work.

Comment

Welcome! If you need any help marketing the site across the inter-webs, let me know.
          Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

Thank you Jim. I'd be interested to speak with you about that.

At this point my marketing efforts are going to focus on youtube; recording the animations in a continuous video format with verbal narrations.

E-mail me at jonwebb4290@hotmail.com and tell me what you think
            Visit my site, The Art of Battle: Animated Battle Maps at www.theartofbattle.com.

Comment

I've downloaded the battle of Gaugamela.

My feedback - during the battle animation it is impossible to follow both the small and lengthy text and the animation. It would be much better in my opinion if you would include on the "battle map" the description of the unit symbols you used in the animation and if you would use a shorter "events text", maybe like in chess. You know, something brief like "Greek cavalry attacks Persian right flank; Greeks deploy infantry reserves; Persian infantry moves against Greek center".

Thus, one could watch the animation while being aware of the units involved and able to get a brief but to the point description of what goes on.

Comment

The logic behind this is to show the viewer not only what happened but why the commander chose to do such and such. Even so, this is my own personal preference and I appreciate yours. In the near future I will be creating simpler, free-flowing video files of all animations. Perhaps this will be of better use to you and others.

Comment

I have to appologize, my connection is not the fastest (hope to correct that someday), but I liked it. Good job...
                  In Vino Veritas

Comment

Congratulations Johnathan.....looks great....
                    "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
                    "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

I just would like to congratulate you on the great job that you do animating battles. I only found out about it today and have really enjoyed it so far!
                      I really like the details you provide as well as honest attempts to be as reasonable and neutral as possible about portraying battles.

Keep up the great work!

Comment

Love your PowerPoints! Big fan, big fan!
                        "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."~ George Patton

Comment

Thanks EdgeR44 and Qymaen!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X