Stalin's thesis of peaceful and warlike states

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stalin's thesis of peaceful and warlike states

I remember reading a very long time ago about how Stalin sought to explain the initial defeat of the Soviet Union in 1941, by putting it into context of initial defeats suffered by other allies and wrapping it all into a theory of peaceful and warlike states. Since the warlike Germany and Japan had prepared for the war, where the peaceful allied states did not, they therefore suffered some defeats in the beginning of the war.

Does anyone know what I am talking about? Can anyone else recall ever having read something along those lines?
    Last edited by bricklayer; 08 Apr 11, 04:00.

Originally posted by bricklayer View Post
    I remember reading a very long time ago about how Stalin sought to explain the initial defeat of the Soviet Union in 1941, by putting it into context of initial defeats suffered by other allies and wrapping it all into a theory of peaceful and warlike states. Since the warlike Germany and Japan had prepared for the war, where the peaceful allied states did not, they therefore suffered some defeats in the beginning of the war.

Does anyone know what I am talking about? Can anyone else recall ever having read something along those lines?
    It does sound familiar. I think I read something like that in a history course I took in college.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X