Veterans Organizations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veterans Organizations

I am curious about the military veterans organizations in the former Soviet states. There are many of these in the US & if anyone can provide some information about those in Russia, the Urkraine, the Baltic states, ect... I'd be interested.

спасибо

There are many local organisations, but I doubt any of them have websites or even regular bulletins. Basically they are more of state-sponsored social care centres for the veterans rather than what they are in the States.
    www.histours.ru

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

Comment

Thanks for that. I became curious if any veterans groups had emerged as a political, service, or social organizations in the last twenty years. The state sponsored 'centers' you refer to date from the Soviet era, or have they been created since?

Comment

Originally posted by Carl Schwamberg View Post
        Thanks for that. I became curious if any veterans groups had emerged as a political, service, or social organizations in the last twenty years. The state sponsored 'centers' you refer to date from the Soviet era, or have they been created since?
        Yes, they are from the Soviet era and function in the same capacity, just like many other social care institutions.

Ah wait, there's the Union of Soviet Officers: http://sosof.narod.ru

The stub wiki article about them says there are 25000 members but I guess there shouldn't be more than 2000 active members. And this is not an exclusively WW2 organisation, there are many retired officers in it. Basically it's become so closely aligned with the Communist Party of the Russian Federation that it can be considered a tiny faction within it without any claims for a leading role or anything.
        www.histours.ru

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

Comment

That is helpfull. It is a bit clearer what I am looking for. If anyone has any information for the Urkraine, Baltic states ect... please post it here.

Thanks

Comment

Bumped this up as I still have a interest in this subject and hope to see more information. Not just for the WWII era.

Спасибо

Comment

Bumped this up as I still have a interest in this subject and hope to see more information. Not just for the WWII era.

Спасибо

Give a bit more info about what you want know. Are you ok for read Russian ?
              There are no Nazis in Ukraine. Idiots

Comment

Emtos... thanks for the offer. In the long term my interest is broad, any information would be welcome. In the present I am curious about any activity of veterans organizations in assisting veterans who are in economic or financial trouble, or in need of other aid. ShAA wrote that the veterans organizations are state sponsored social care centers. So, some information on how at is organized or functions is sought. Also if there are any non state sponsored groups either formal or informal that provide any help to veterans.

The past decade I've become increasingly involved in several social service organizations, including veterans affairs. Recently I've been attempting to examine these organizations and their efforts critically & from new perspectives, hence my interest in what efforts there are outside the US.

Comment

Originally posted by Emtos View Post
                  .... Are you ok for read Russian ?
                  My formal education in Podruskki was twentyfive years ago. Translation is possible with much pain and time.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X