Clear All

• nikolas93TS
    replied
    Thanks amvas!

Leave a comment:

• amvas
    replied
    Originally posted by nikolas93TS View Post
    Reading book called "Serbs in German documents",I found quoted large parts of "Kriegstagebuch des Oberkommandos der Wehrmacht" or in English: "OKW War diaries". (and it's very interesting to read! )
    As entry for 25th of January,except part regarding "bandits" or partisans,there is short notice of Soviet "officers" in German uniforms,with knowledge of German language,infiltrating German lines in area near Poznań.
    It seems that both sides on Eastern front used this tactic to gain some informations about enemy (like German Kommandoverband Jaguar),and I am curios what Soviet unit was tasked with this type of missions?NKVD?

from wiki:
    Mmmm.. It depends on the situation.
    In deep German rears it must be NKGB officers. On the Soviet territory (and maybe a bit abroad) NKVD.
    Enough close to frontline they could be from Army or front reconnaissance units..
    A front can have so called "OSNAZ" battalion, which often meant wreckers

Regards
    Alex

Leave a comment:

• nikolas93TS
    started a topic Soviet commandos

Soviet commandos

Reading book called "Serbs in German documents",I found quoted large parts of "Kriegstagebuch des Oberkommandos der Wehrmacht" or in English: "OKW War diaries". (and it's very interesting to read! )
    As entry for 25th of January,except part regarding "bandits" or partisans,there is short notice of Soviet "officers" in German uniforms,with knowledge of German language,infiltrating German lines in area near Poznań.
    It seems that both sides on Eastern front used this tactic to gain some informations about enemy (like German Kommandoverband Jaguar),and I am curios what Soviet unit was tasked with this type of missions?NKVD?

from wiki:
    During World War II reconnaissance and diversionary forces were formed under the supervision of the Second Department of the General Staff. These forces were subordinate to the commanders of Fronts.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X