A day at the bunkers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cicero View Post
    Just attach the image and do nothing else. It used to be you needed to attach AND link the image, but now all you have to do is attach and it will show up on your post.
    Well, right, but I want them to show up in the middle of the post between text lines.
    www.histours.ru

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

Comment

Originally posted by popuptarget View Post
      Lots of great pics, thanks for sharing.
      (I did have to look twice when I first saw the German uniforms though - you had me confused for a moment....)
      One can buy them in Finland for a few bucks and they are quite durable - small wonder most bunker nuts and relic hunters wear them.
      www.histours.ru

Comment

Originally posted by Cicero View Post
        I went to your coordinants on Google Earth, and I seem to be in an urban area right on top of a PolyTechincal University.
        You're right!

Okay, try these ones, they show the coordinates of the "rainbow bunker" and the other one is 870m to the east and a bit to the north.

5936'54.39"С

3013'39.46"В
        www.histours.ru

Comment

Here are 2 links to the video a TV station made about this trip. The page contains full text of the interviews and background narration.

http://www.tvc.ru/AllNews.aspx?id=08...ate=20.09.2010 - Russian

http://translate.google.com/translat...9.2010&act=url - English. It is readable and understandable, albeit not without some funny parts.

A note on Googl-ish: DOT is a bunker, so if you see "DOTham", "DOTa" and others, this is it. And where Alekseev says: "We Vandals" the translation should be "The vandals in our area/land"

The bunker in this video is the first they worked on. I came when they were already finishing their work on the second one.
          www.histours.ru

Comment

Very nice. Thank you for sharing these. I always look forward to your pictures.
            "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
            -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X