Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be aware of Russian jokes

Hi!
    I noticed some fashion for photoshop fantasies. some of them even managed to be introduced into some books
    the first one was made by M Svirin and it was so called BT-3 tank.
    the fact the image was published in April number of Polygon magazine confused nobody and this joke was alive for some time (I have this image somewhere on my computer)

One of the jokes was KV-5 "Begemoth"
    You could see its model in one of the threads on my forum (maybe later I'll find where was it)

It even managed to be found in Russian version of wikipedia!
    http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/КВ-5

Another sample - T-135 went even more far and can be found in the book!

This book

good company:

Much laugh

Be careful, modern computer technologies makes possible things, which we couldn't imagine. Soon maybe you'll see those monsters in "newsreels" made in the same manner

Enjoy!
    Alex
    Last edited by amvas; 25 Jan 12, 02:57.
    If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Great post, Alex. This remains me of the "article" about "Combat buses of World War II" in the National Lampoon Encyclopedia of Humor. My favourite was the single seat Japanese suicide bus.

Comment

Originally posted by skoblin View Post
      Great post, Alex. This remains me of the "article" about "Combat buses of World War II" in the National Lampoon Encyclopedia of Humor. My favourite was the single seat Japanese suicide bus.
      Hehe... I see..

Ok, I found this fake from Svirin
      BT-4

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

Originally posted by amvas View Post
        Hehe... I see..

Ok, I found this fake from Svirin
        BT-4

Perhaps a BT-26

Comment

Such 'jokes' are not necessarily modern. I have a document from the German Fremde Heeres Ost (Foreign Armies East- intelligence department covering the Soviet Union) which has a prisoner interrogation report from early 1943. The Soviet officer being interrogated was a tank officer, and he was asked for information about the new "T-43" tank the Germans had heard about.
          Now, in reality this was a project to combine the characteristics of the T-34 and KV tanks, which was never produced. This anonymous (his name was not attached to the report in the German file) Russian turned it into a Soviet version of the King Tiger tank: an 80 ton monster with a super-long 85mm gun and 150mm armor. The Germans even included a sketch of what it would look like, and it looks very much like a T-34 'super-sized' - about 50% larger in all dimensions!
          Basically, he told them pretty much what they wanted to hear, a mirror image of what the Germans were doing with the Tiger tank. Unfortunately, they didn't waste too many resources preparing to fight the 'T-43', since the Tiger was already in production...

Comment

Originally posted by Sharposhnikov View Post
            Such 'jokes' are not necessarily modern. I have a document from the German Fremde Heeres Ost (Foreign Armies East- intelligence department covering the Soviet Union) which has a prisoner interrogation report from early 1943. The Soviet officer being interrogated was a tank officer, and he was asked for information about the new "T-43" tank the Germans had heard about.
            Now, in reality this was a project to combine the characteristics of the T-34 and KV tanks, which was never produced. This anonymous (his name was not attached to the report in the German file) Russian turned it into a Soviet version of the King Tiger tank: an 80 ton monster with a super-long 85mm gun and 150mm armor. The Germans even included a sketch of what it would look like, and it looks very much like a T-34 'super-sized' - about 50% larger in all dimensions!
            Basically, he told them pretty much what they wanted to hear, a mirror image of what the Germans were doing with the Tiger tank. Unfortunately, they didn't waste too many resources preparing to fight the 'T-43', since the Tiger was already in production...
            Yep, I even have those records on my computer. Unfortunately I can't read German, but folks from the forum helped to get this fun

Comment

Originally posted by skoblin View Post
              Perhaps a BT-26
              Nono, it was called BT-4 in the article

Comment

Awesome photoshops XD I'd love to see more!
                "Do you like your new weapon? It's wonderful...Try it on yourselves, not others. I told you, this tank reacts to impulses of fear. Try not to think of danger. The machine can read your thoughts..."

Comment

Originally posted by Cougar1 View Post
                  Awesome photoshops XD I'd love to see more!
                  Ok, some more paintings

Unknown Soviet super-tanks...

Dormidontov, "An urgent task for front", 1942

Regards
                  Alex

Comment

Errr actually, the T-35, (even the five turrets) is genuine, and the 'Urgent Task for the Front,' may show these things being readied as the Germans threatened Moscow.

There is a lot of junk doing the rounds, but a captured T-35 was used in the defence of Berlin. It was a lousy tank due to its weight and the near-impossibility of fire-control.

Your unknown super-tanks look like T-34s.
                    Last edited by the ace; 04 Feb 12, 13:01.
                    Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

Working...
                    X