Sirens wailing around right now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sirens wailing around right now

Right now all city's loudspeakers are wailing with air raid sirens. On this day the town of Shlisselburg was captured 69 years ago and the Siege of Leningrad began.
    www.histours.ru

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

No one is forgotten, nothing is forgotten.

Кто там?
    Это я - Почтальон Печкин!
    Tunis is a Carthigenian city!

Comment

I'm planning to take some pics of the city today, the administration must've prepared some activities for the occasion.
      www.histours.ru

Comment

Some pics from the concert dedicated to the 69 anniversary of the Beginning of the Siege :

www.histours.ru

Comment

www.histours.ru

Comment

Originally posted by ShAA
            Sirens wailing around right now
            Right now all city's loudspeakers are wailing with air raid sirens.
            My heart skipped a beat and didin't start again until
            On this day the town of Shlisselburg was captured 69 years ago and the Siege of Leningrad began.
            Phew!! Thanks for almost giving me a heart attack

Leningrad is not forgotten, it's valiant and obstinate resistance is carved in stone forever

I want that black car, and the girl in red looks hot! But it's a little far away :P
            And that pic of all those old people with medals tell me that in Russia, even the 89-year old granny next door can be a War Veteran like a T-34 driver or AT cannon crew or fighter pilot. Don't mess with them!
            Last edited by surfinbird; 15 Sep 10, 13:29.
            Radio Paris Ment...
            Radio Paris Ment...
            Radio Paris est Allemand...

- Radio London opening intro

Comment

Originally posted by surfinbird View Post
              My heart skipped a beat and didin't start again until

Phew!! Thanks for almost giving me a heart attack

Leningrad is not forgotten, it's valiant and obstinate resistance is carved in stone forever

I want that black car, and the girl in red looks hot! But it's a little far away :P
              And that pic of all those old people with medals tell me that in Russia, even the 89-year old granny next door can be a War Veteran like a T-34 driver or AT cannon crew or fighter pilot. Don't mess with them!
              Thanks, man!

Speaking of Soviet veterans, here's what I've noticed while reading an article about Siberia today. The journo, in the typical "I know all I saw it on TV" manner describes the horrors of Putin's regime:

I've looked up some info on him at warheroes.ru and found out that he was given this title for the capture of a bridgehead at Vukovar in Yugoslavia in December 1944 and holding it until the approach of the main force. The author surely presumed HSU medals were issued only to those who hated democracy
              www.histours.ru

Comment

I wish I had one of those. Motorcycle with a DP-1928 would be awesome.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X