This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anvas and Andrey

Have you guys see the movie call "K-19: Widowmaker"? Just wonder if you have seen it.
    I thought K-19 was a good movie and the ocean scenes were filmed right here in Manitoba on either Lake Manitoba or Lake Winnepeg. As for the Soviet/Russian language movies I have not seen any. I have seen "Enemy At The Gates" and thought it was good.
    Some days your the bug, some days your the windshield.

Comment

• Shhh! Donīt mention Enemy at the gates here, it is like performing a River dance in a AP minefield during a cluster bomb attack!
      “For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

Max Sterner

Comment

• Originally posted by Erkki View Post
        Shhh! Donīt mention Enemy at the gates here, it is like performing a River dance in a AP minefield during a cluster bomb attack!
        You are right...

I can tell you again, that my opinion towards all the American movies showing Russians is very very skeptic. I hadn't see ANY one showing Russians correctly. In this or that degree every movie contains a standard number of stamps. For me it looks in the best case funny, in the worst - insulting.

Sad to say, modern Russian movies have the same thing. I myself trying not to see modern movies about the war of any origin (except single cases). They contains more action than historically reliable things.
        If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrey View Post
          I'll think
          i offer you 15% comission !
          [/QUOTE]

Hi Andreij
          I like to add a few more titles to my shopping list:

1.) Optimistic tragedy ( Please send me 2) sold out !
          I just sold both of them:
          http://www.amazon.ca/OPTIMISTIC-TRAG...520954&sr=1-24

2 ) Olympus Inferno (please send me 2) sold out !
          http://www.amazon.ca/OLYMPUS-INFERNO...6521057&sr=1-7

3.) THE VERY MUNCHHAUSEN
          http://www.amazon.ca/VERY-MUNCHHAUSE...6521472&sr=1-1

I soaked up any on the western market, no more available.
          I would also appreciate, if you could hook me up with a distributor, but then off course without the 15 %. There is however room for negotiation.
          My apology for answering late, but i'm very busy posting russian films on amazon.ca. Posted about 300 now, 1200 + and more to post.
          I would appreciate votes on my reviews ! Thanks
          Ernst Wiltmann

You can also email me at [email protected]

Comment

• Originally posted by CAPT. JOE View Post
            I thought K-19 was a good movie and the ocean scenes were filmed right here in Manitoba on either Lake Manitoba or Lake Winnepeg. As for the Soviet/Russian language movies I have not seen any. I have seen "Enemy At The Gates" and thought it was good.
            Hi Cap'n Joe
            Please check out my russian films on amazon.ca

If you like submarine flicks, i recommand :
            1.) 72 Meters
            2.) First after God
            both of them are posted there.

Comment

• "Life and Fate" brand new mini-TV series. It is an excellent movie based on the novel by Vasiliy Grossman.

The set of the actors is excellent, it looks like they are people of 40th...

http://russia.tv/brand/show/brand_id/12045

Comment

• Looks like you can watch online, only in Russian of course. Hopefully this will come out in dvd in subtitles at some point.

Comment

• Originally posted by joea View Post
                  Looks like you can watch online, only in Russian of course. Hopefully this will come out in dvd in subtitles at some point.
                  we can watch it online or download it on rutracker.org (torrent search system)

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrey View Post
                    we can watch it online or download it on rutracker.org (torrent search system)
                    I'll look up your link.
                    Have you seen CHKALOV ?
                    http://www.amazon.ca/Chkalov-Eugene-...4286607&sr=1-1

Comment

• Thought this video interesting enough to share.
                      BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

• Andrey: is this movie any good in your opinion? I've watched a bit of it and I can make up my mind about it.

Три дня лейтенанта Кравцова

I've read on the Internet a lot of comparison with Они сражались за Родину but to be honest I think this is a bit of a stretch... what's your opinon?

Comment

• Originally posted by Major Sennef View Post

Thought this video interesting enough to share.
                          This is from the movie "Dneprovsky Rubezh"/"Dnieper Line"

Here's the full movie

www.histours.ru

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

Comment

• Are those 45mm anti-tank guns in the Mogilev 1941 movie?

The tanks look to be good mock ups of Panzer 3's with short 50mm guns.
                            ...Its one of our V-8's...Pursuit Special on methane, super hot!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hetzer 15 View Post
                              Are those 45mm anti-tank guns in the Mogilev 1941 movie?
                              Yep, it was the standard Soviet anti-tank gun at the time.

The tanks look to be good mock ups of Panzer 3's with short 50mm guns.
                              I think they (or at least the one which took a penetrating hit to the front) are Pz III Ausf. G with 37mm gun

Last edited by ShAA; 10 Jan 13, 15:57.
                              www.histours.ru

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

Comment

• Originally posted by ShAA View Post
                                Yep, it was the standard Soviet anti-tank gun at the time.

I think they (or at least the one which took a penetrating hit to the front) are Pz III Ausf. G with 37mm gun

Agreed, and you can then see the tank turn on one track, and retreat. I only saw one guy with a PPsh machine gun....
                                ...Its one of our V-8's...Pursuit Special on methane, super hot!

Comment

Working...
                                X