Elena Yakovleva
    Alena Babenko
    Anatoly Lobotsky
    Catherine Spitz

Media Type DVD
    Genre Military
    Style War Drama, World War II

Summer vacation , first love ...
    But the romantic world of the young Katie broken by the war that would forever divide her life into "before " and " after " .
    She will survive the loss , separation , and finally find a hope for happiness ...
    12 seriesGuest book

--------------------
    7/10 now waiting to watch season 2.

Comment

• We are from the Future 2

I havn't seen that one yet, just purchased it from ebay.
      Really loved the first one.

the first one I rate 7/10

Comment

• Special unit werewolf

http://www.amazon.de/Spezialeinheit-...018374&sr=1-68

In World War II the Germans occupied Ukraine in the plan a new command base, has announced the inauguration of Adolf Hitler personally to his visit. Led by an escaped prisoner from a German officer to command a small Russian unit infiltrate behind enemy lines and prepare the rightful leader of the reception. Only when the squad is already in motion reaches the General Staff of the alarming news that one of the participants , we do not know who, spying for the Germans.
        Starring: Vladimir Litvinov, Boris Galkin, Mikhail Efremov
        Director (s ): Ewgenj Mitrofanov
        Language: German (Dolby Digital 5.1) , Russian ( Dolby Digital 5.1)
        Subtitle: German
        Region: Region 2
        Aspect Ratio: 16:9 - 1.85:1
        Number of discs: 1
        Certificate: Classification: 16 years
        Studio: Sunfilm Entertainment
        Release Date: 9th April 2010
        Produced in: 2008
        Total time : 130 minutes
        Average Customer Review : 3.0 out of 5 stars All reviews (3 Customer Reviews)

Not bad, for an assassination attempt on Hitler flic.
        Some pretty good sniper CGI graphics. 6/10

Here a review from a german viewer:
        8 of 9 people found the following review helpful:
        3.0 out of 5 stars For fans of such strips in order, 7th April 2010
        By Marco Finish " JxT " ( www.myrevelations.de ) - All my reviews
        ( REAL NAME )

Review relates to: Special unit Werewolf ( DVD)
        In recent times, some even come to cinematic material from Russia. So far, a lot of fun stuff was there , but also some misses . Here, as once again have a war film of a story from the time of the second World War told.
        In 1942, the Germans are realizing this is a special project that the increase will be instrumental in the East. They build the so -called bunker werewolf . The Russians know this, and want to send a special unit that takes over the bunker. After this is happening, they should prepare the leader himself , who is invited to the opening, a fiery reception. But the journey is dangerous there , especially since it turns out that one of the men spied for the Nazis.
        This Russian / Ukrainian co-production of director Evgen Mitrofanov was certainly a version of the classic " The Dirty Dozen "are . Unfortunately " special unit Werewolf " directed to ensure unloving. The entire presentation leaves me rather suggest that this is a TV movie. While the white stripes to amuse thoroughly , and has made not much more neutral, but the actors sometimes seem just listless, and also the German Synchro is sometimes a bit too much. Here are some committed speaker, the better off doing something to work, where you must not talk. All in all, good solid war action , but offers no highlights, and especially in the fight scenes a little more steam could tolerate . The historical backgrounds are sure to call rather than vague and therefore of historical interest rather uninteresting.

Comment

• nezluzhebnoe zadanie

Todeskommando Russland 3 (Death squad Russia 3 )

http://www.amazon.de/Todeskommando-R...019855&sr=1-76

Starring: Pawel Maikov, Ivan Mohovikov, Kirill Pletnev
          Director (s ): Vitaly Vorobjev
          Format: PAL
          Language: German (Dolby Digital 2.0), German (Dolby Digital 5.1) , Russian ( Dolby Digital 2.0)
          Aspect Ratio: 16:9 - 1.77:1
          Studio: KNM Home Entertainment GmbH
          Release Date: 18th March 2010
          Produced in: 2004
          Total time : 90 minutes
          Average Customer Review : 5.0 out of 5 stars All reviews (1 customer reviews)
          1 Rezension
          5 Sterne: (1)
          4 Sterne: (0)
          3 Sterne: (0)
          2 Sterne: (0)
          1 Sterne: (0)

› Alle Kundenrezensionen ansehen

Reviews
          Video Market
          Czech Republic in June 1945. The Second World War has been murdering a good month to end, but still pull armed armed services around the country who carry out attacks from ambush , and attempt in the direction of the Allied lines held Trans . A young Russian lieutenant to penetrate mainly from a Stalinist faithful Cossack unit recruited into the affected border area and neutralize the enemy. This one has not reckoned with the number still fighting strength of the Germans.
          Video Week
          Action- adventure from a Russian war movie factory. The script must be quite a twist to make bloody skirmishes after the war between young and advised of plans for civilian life, forging and the scattered remains of Red Army soldiers of the defeated army to the desired David versus Goliath situation. But one has got used to the idea only once , takes an exciting scavenger hunt with enthusiastic performers and well-staged battles its course. Is Hollywood war movies after only in terms of star power.

My personal Review : 8/10

2 of 2 people found the following review helpful:
          5.0 out of 5 stars Peace and yet die, 11th July 2010
          By Dobermann (Dresden ) - All my reviews

Review relates to: Death squad Russia 3 ( DVD)
          A very interesting film that touches on the underlying problems of the multinational Soviet Union. In purely military is also convincing
          Part II of these films with realism and quiet heroism. The representation
          the Germans, I felt as realistic and tactically clever . Yes the American Bin -
          African heroes representation ( action heroes ) is missing here. And that I find soothing. Anyone could be hit by bullets and also for errors
          worst possible time ( even after the war ended die ). Great,
          how this tremendous inner conflict was portrayed as quiet and yet present.

Comment

• Attack on Leningrad

The one above is just the Movie disrtributed in the west.
            There is also the miniseries, where the movie was cut from.
            There is no english subtitled version for the miniseries, but I do recomand to watch it.
            You will find that the whole story is more focused on another story, than the one told in the movie.

Here is the german and UK version:
            http://www.amazon.de/Attack-Leningra...019855&sr=1-87

My review: 8/10 for the miniseries, 6/10 for the movie.

Comment

• Alexander the Crusaders

For german and UK :

http://www.amazon.de/Alexander-Kreuz...21666&sr=1-129

Starring: Anton Pampushny, Svetlana Bakulina, Igor Botvin
              Director (s ): Igor Kalenov
              Format: PAL
              Language: German (Dolby Digital 2.0), German (Dolby Digital 5.1) , Russian ( Dolby Digital 5.1)
              Aspect Ratio: 16:9 - 1.77:1
              Studio: Schroeder Media
              Release Date: 29th October 2009
              Produced in: 2008
              Total time : 117 minutes
              Average Customer Review : 3.7 out of 5 stars All reviews (3 Customer Reviews)

Movieman.de
              Even if it screams the title of the roofs, Alexander is not a crusader . Rather, the Russian hero stands in the fight against the German knights . The implementation of the Russian spectacle is very expensive. The costumes look authentic , the fight scenes are implemented with a lot of momentum and achieve realistic proportions, swords and the like are not meant for fighting filigree . Sergei Eisenstein filmed the story of Alexander Nevsky before. This new version, which is well with international productions à la Braveheart or ARN - can be measured by the Crusaders in terms of implementation effort and is prepared dramatic and apparently has been realized with a high budget. Conclusion : A small gem from Russia.
              Movie Mans commentary on the DVD : Good colors , with some gerarbeitet with filters is what puts the event will turn yellow ( 00:20:51 ). Noise is only minimally present, and the compression works perfectly well apart from a few glitches . The template is very well preserved. The audio is in Russian concise . In German, distort the dialogue a little and clean sound clinical. The only bonus is the trailer and some pictures. - movieman . de

10 of 12 people found the following review helpful:
              4.0 out of 5 stars The Battle on the Neva, 17th October 2009
              By time diver ® " Ronald Funck " ( Offenbach am Main, Europe) - All my reviews
              ( TOP 50 REVIEWER )

Review relates to: Alexander the Crusaders - DVD ( DVD)
              In 1236 , the Rurik Dynasty Alexander of Kostroma ( 1120-1263 ) from the veche ( town meeting ) to the city of Novgorod Knyaz (Herzog called ). After he had on his Druzhina 15/07/1240 ( followers ) led victorious from the battle on the Neva against a Swedish invasion army under Birger Magnusson of Bjälbo ( 1210-1266 ), he received his nickname of " Nevsky ". With another military victory on the fifth April 1242 on the ice of frozen Peipusees succeeded Alexander Nevsky an army of the Teutonic Order , together with allied Danes and Estonians to annihilate , and thus the Catholic mission plans for the Orthodox Russia to put a final end. As Grand Duke he also managed a peaceful settlement with the Mongols. In 1547 he was canonized by the Russian Orthodox Church holy and is still regarded as a national hero .....

.... in light of these historical facts , the director Igor Kalenov his " Aleksandr. Nevskaya Bitva " staged , on 1 May 2008, first performed in Russia. From the aptly English title " Alexander : The Neva Battle " for the German DVD is finally the misleading title "Alexander the Crusaders ".....

..... because its western and northern European opponents , Eric XI. (The lisping & lame ) of Sweden and the German Teutonic Knights would force the Orthodox " heretics " convert to "right ", ie the Roman Catholic faith. In the film, Alexander is of Roman Catholic monks, a book about the " exploits during the Crusades in Palestine handed , "which he is outraged back . The film shows the history and the actual battle on the Neva. Important individual events are identified with date and location special. These include treason and collaboration with the Swedes and an assassination attempt on Alexander. While convince Anton Pampushny (Alexander ) and his friend Igor Botvin ( Ratmir can ), the 52 year old Valeri Kukhareshim as King Eric miscast as this is then have been only 34 years . A good acting performance as the deaf and dumb shows Andrey Fyodortsov jester Kornily will warn his Fürtsen against a poison attack . To 110minütigen action includes the unhappy love Ratmir to Aleksandra Bryachislavna , when he appeared as a suitor for Alexander . Ratmir is suspected of conspiracy and falls out of favor with the prince . Rehabilitated and he finds himself one on the battlefield. The Russian scenario with Kremlin Novgorod boyars , their clothing , weapons , armor, pp. rises managed by usual standards of the medieval western Europe from . The fight scenes are determined by a fast camera work ....

..... The subsequent battle on the frozen Peipusee is simply told in the credits, so that " Alexander the Crusaders "is not true to get a remake of the Soviet propaganda film Alexander Nevsky in 1938. Nevertheless, it has the support of a national pathos , with the " good " Alexander the one hand and the "evil "Sweden and German knights on the other.

In addition to the synchronized German , you can also view the film in the original Russian version with or without German subtitles. 3 - Super Stars for an entertaining film, which - despite misleading pp German title - with a few small details (such as log homes , long boats continues. ) to the historical facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by uboats View Post
                "The Chekist" "Commissar "
                It's very rare, and has become a collectors item.
                I have a VHS copy of it in my store.

But Checkist does not equal Commissar. The Commissar is a diffrent movie about a pregnant female red army Commissar, during the russian civil war.
                That has to stay behind in a small village, soon to be occupied by the white army.

Comment

• Hi!

Very much recommend to watch the newest Byelorussian movie "The Brest Fortress" VERY realistic movie! Unlike majority of modern Russian movies this one is made very close to reality!

http://www.brestkrepost-film.ru

Last edited by amvas; 16 Nov 10, 05:19.
                  If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

• yes, now the brand new movie "The Brest Fortress" is distributing in Russian cinemas.

The Brest fortress was the Soviet Alamo.

The movie is based on real facts and many famous actors play in it.

The Soviet soldiers of a few different units were disposed inside of the Brest Fortress which situated right on the Soviet-German border by June 22nd of 1941.

It was not planned to defend the fortress by all those forces, the Brest Fortress was used as a barracks for those units.

The sudden German attack in morning of June 22nd 1941 turned all those people in defenders of the fortress.

And they fought for a month while the frontline was far away and was moving further to east every day.

There is a famous inscription in a wall inside of the fortress "I am dying but do not surrender. Farewell, Motherland! July, 22nd".

A few defenders including Major Gavrilov survived the war being captured wounded.

Only in 50th the Soviet people knew about the feat of the defenders of the fortress.

The Brest Fortress have got the rank of Fortress-Hero.

I myself haven't seen it but according all the info I have got it looks like it is an excellent movie.
                    Last edited by Andrey; 20 Nov 10, 07:28.

Comment

• I'll look for this film!

Comment

• "17 moments of the spring"

Dear Mr. Ernst Wiltmann !
                        Concerning the movie "17 moments of the spring":
                        As you wrote, you have a "a DVD in german with english subtitles" which you "rent out to the canadian public". Can you give any advice to find the german audio or subtitle file ? This will be a Xmas gift for my friends living in Berlin. I want to bring him the colored version of this movie (available in Amazon) with German audio or subs.
                        Best regards,
                        Vadim Yashuvov
                        Last edited by fishka; 20 Nov 10, 19:19. Reason: forget the name of the movie

Comment

• [QUOTE=amvas;1651284]Hi!

Very much recommend to watch the newest Byelorussian movie "The Brest Fortress" VERY realistic movie! Unlike majority of modern Russian movies this one is made very close to reality!

http://www.brestkrepost-film.ru

I'm looking forward watching it. Amazon.de is releasing more russian ww2 movies, I hope this one will be on their list. If not, I have to find an ebay seller.

Comment

• Originally posted by fishka View Post
                            Dear Mr. Ernst Wiltmann !
                            Concerning the movie "17 moments of the spring":
                            As you wrote, you have a "a DVD in german with english subtitles" which you "rent out to the canadian public". Can you give any advice to find the german audio or subtitle file ? This will be a Xmas gift for my friends living in Berlin. I want to bring him the colored version of this movie (available in Amazon) with German audio or subs.
                            Best regards,
                            Vadim Yashuvov

You have to buy the RUSCICO version !
                            http://www.ruscico.com/
                            http://www.ruscico.com/dvd.php?lang=en&dvd=398

That is the version I have.
                            And if my memory serves me right, I hope i'm not mixing it up with the old GDR TV broadcast I saw in the seventies.

Comment

• 1941 Mini Series (2009)

Not a terrible big budged, but never the less very moving and suspenseful:

Comment

• Has anyone seen these new russian films ?

1.) KRAY (The Edge) new russian DVD + CD film english sub`s:

The action takes place shortly after the end of the Second World War in the Siberian hinterland, among Russians and Germans with damaged personal stories and a strange transformation: the victors seem to be crawling into the skins of the defeated, and vice versa. Ignat, is the embodiment of the larger-than-life image of the Soviet victorious warrior who, in fact, proves to be shell-shocked, sick and broken, although not completely destroyed. Trains become fetish for the heroes of the film, and speed becomes a mania; they virtually become one with their steam engines, while the machines take on human names. The heroes set up an almost fatal race in the Siberian forest, risking their own lives and those of others.

2.) CAPTIVE (Plennyy) - Russian War Drama (Eng Subs) - NEW

Based on Vladimir Makanin's The Prisoner from the Caucasus CAPTIVE focuses on the folly of war in an intimate, startling way. In modern times, the Russian soldiers are trapped in the vast Chechen landscape, stifling in the heat, lost in hostile, alien surrounds. The handsome, laconic commander Rubakhin and the playful sniper Vovka need a guide to lead their convoy to safety. They seize a local, beautiful boy, who becomes their passport to safety, but must pay a terrible price. And his captors will not escape from the incident unscathed either.

CAST: Vyacheslav Krikunov , Pyotr Logachev

DIRECTOR: Aleksei Uchitel

RUN TIME: 80 Minutes

REGION: All

COLOUR FORMAT: PAL

CONDITION: New and Sealed

DISCS: 1

SPECIAL FEATURES: Chapter Selection, Photo Gallery, Trailer

RATING: PG-13

OPTIONAL AUDIO: Russian 5.1, Thai

ON/OFF SUBTITLES: English, Thai

THAI UPC: 8857007018574

DISTRIBUTOR: J-Bics

RELEASE DATE: 24 May 2010

I hope this is not "Prisoners of the Mountains" which I allready have.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X