This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to repeat again.

If anyone is interesting in a Soviet/Russian movie his/her first action should be to visit www.ruscico.com.

It contains a lot of movies with EXCELLENT translation to foreign languages.

At second, visit Konzev's DVD-shop .

Comment

• StrafBatt

I have been looking for a copy of StrafBatt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kommisar View Post
        i'll not take part in spreading of this trash...

Comment

I've the official chinese version, with english subtitles.
          But I do have to caution, the chinese translater translated not from the russian language track, but from the chinese, with sometimes hilarious results.
          Anyway, still better than non at all, and you can roughly follow the story.

Comment

• I would be happy with the russian version.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrey View Post
              i'll not take part in spreading of this trash...
              Why do you say that?

Comment

• I think it's a trash too...

Comment

Why do you say that?
                  The pitfall of hollywood formula's,
                  Add a few klischee's, some stereotypes, reduce the acting to a twodimensional format, add a religious hero and you get a blockbuster for
                  the broad puplic.
                  Well SStrafbat is not all that bad, but I can see Andrey's and Dann's reasons. I watched it, when i was absolutely starved of eastern european movies, after a steady 20 year hollywood diat.
                  Having seen many other russian WW2 movies, it does not rank at the top any more.
                  By the way, the russian DVD set has no english subtitles.

Comment

Why do you say that?
                    Explore this thread. We have discussed Shtrafbat earlier...

Comment

• Sorokopatkaya

Originally posted by Andrey View Post
                      I haven't seen it...

Moreover, I haven't heard about it!!!!
                      I've seen it, not a bad movie. Made for TV, with a moderate budged.

June 21nd 1941, Operation Barbarossa is about to start the next day.
                      A young Lieutenant second class is send away to face a Tribunal,
                      by his political Comissar. The Transport is hit the next morning by german shelling, the Lt. one of the few survivors gathers a nearby 45mm Anti-Tank
                      Gun drawn by an old Pony. Meanwhile the political Comissar is being wounded by shrapnel in his hip. A young nurse takes charge of his security.
                      All vehicles have been destryed, the german army not far behind, they flee together with another Officer, a Major, into the nearby forest. In the forest, the Major abandons them, as it turns out, he's a german spy. The Major soon joins a band of 4 german paratroopers disguised as NKVD soldiers.
                      The Lt struggles with 6 soldiers that survived the carnage and the Gun
                      through the same forest. The germans have broken through the russian defences and advance on all roads. The Lt is trying to find a way back to the russian lines. What ensues is a suspenseful story, tight battles, and
                      interesting character development. More than a dozen german Opel-Blitz
                      trucks, as many Motorcycles with sidecars, a few Kuebelwagen a couple of SdKfz's and a small village that looks the period are in the inventory.
                      To sum it up, 2 and a half hours well spend.

7 out of 10 stars

Comment

• Are there any movies or documentaries on the "Night Witches" that might be subtitled in English ?

thanks in advance

Comment

• Originally posted by gorehound View Post
                          Are there any movies or documentaries on the "Night Witches" that might be subtitled in English ?

thanks in advance
                          there is the movie of "V nebe nochnye vedmy" ("Night Witches are at sky")

I don't know about its translation to English

Comment

• There is another good movie, I don't remember the title - black&white - first day of Barbarossa, Russian border guard unit fighting off the attacking Germans, unit's political commissar is serving as a heavy machine gunner belt loader, gunner is mortally wounded, commissar takes off his tunic, makes a pillow out of it and comforts the dying soldier, then makes his retreat with the others - next day a problem - his party membership papers are left in the tunic's pocket, he is demoted to a private , accused of cowardice and has to prove, that his story ,as why he left the tunic behind is the truth - this is not a propaganda movie , I wish I could see it again

Comment

• Originally posted by tank brigade View Post
                              There is another good movie, I don't remember the title - black&white - first day of Barbarossa, Russian border guard unit fighting off the attacking Germans, unit's political commissar is serving as a heavy machine gunner belt loader, gunner is mortally wounded, commissar takes off his tunic, makes a pillow out of it and comforts the dying soldier, then makes his retreat with the others - next day a problem - his party membership papers are left in the tunic's pocket, he is demoted to a private , accused of cowardice and has to prove, that his story ,as why he left the tunic behind is the truth - this is not a propaganda movie , I wish I could see it again
                              I don't remember this movie.

Comment

• Then there are the classics, everybody should know these: Ballad of a soldier, Destiny of a man (Sudba celoveka -Sergei Bondarchuk movie) The Third Blow -that is a good one -offensive to liberate the Crimean Penninsula and the trilogy Fall of Berlin (Pad Berlina), there is also a song "Frontline driver's song" that is a military film soundtrack classic also there is another one, I don't remember the title - a teacher is blinded by a shell blast, then returns back to Moscow and tries to teach and slowly earns the respect of the students, and the movie "Ivan's childhood" Detstvo Ivana, good one

Comment

Working...
                                X