Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soviet/Russian military movies

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Has anyone seen Children of Glory? It is not a Russian movie but a Hungarian movie about the Hungarian Uprising and Olympics in 1956, I saw it in the shop the other day and thought it looked interesting but I don't want to waste my money if it's no good. Any opinions?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Trendkill View Post
      Has anyone seen Children of Glory? It is not a Russian movie but a Hungarian movie about the Hungarian Uprising and Olympics in 1956, I saw it in the shop the other day and thought it looked interesting but I don't want to waste my money if it's no good. Any opinions?
      Probably anti-communist / anti-Russian trash.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Emil_G View Post
        Probably anti-communist / anti-Russian trash.
        Well I'd still like to a know if anyone has seen to get an opinion, a lot of films are anti-something, but if they're good films they're good films.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Trendkill View Post
          Well I'd still like to a know if anyone has seen to get an opinion, a lot of films are anti-something, but if they're good films they're good films.

          I agree, come on Emil, you really expect Hungarians to make a film praising the Soviets/Warsaw Pact for 1956? Although you can approach it in different ways, maing it realistic without polemics or propaganda.

          Comment


          • New movie - "Admiral" is being shown in Russian cinemas right now. It is considered a blockbuster like "Turkish Gambit", "Night Watch", "Day Watch", "9th Company".

            It is a love story of Admiral Kolchak and Anna Timireva, it is done on the background of historical events of 1916-1919 - WWI, the Revolution, the Civil War.

            In WWI Adm. Kolchak was a navy leader in the Baltic, then - the Commander of the Black Sea Fleet.

            During the Civil War Kolchak was one of the leaders of the Whites, he ruled in the East of Russia and his troops advanced from east.

            I have watched the movie. It is very impressive.
            Last edited by Andrey; 25 Oct 08, 06:08.

            Comment


            • That's cool, Andrey. I remember wanting to see it after I saw the trailer. I like Konstantin Khabensky.

              Comment


              • It will be nice to see a film on the White side of the Civil War for a change, hopefully that neither idolizes them, "defenders of the Crown and Orthodox Russia" and demonizes the godless Bolsheviks, nor the opposite of the Soviet times, showing them as "wicked reactionaries fighting the glorious revolutionary vanguard". I'll look for it if it ever comes out on DVD here.

                Comment


                • By the end of the October "Admiral" have got 30 million US$ (for 20 days of distributing in cinemas)

                  Comment




                  • Wow!!! This looks really good. Cant wait to see it. Any news on the release into the Western world. Definitely a must see movie.
                    Last edited by Erkki; 30 Oct 08, 18:23. Reason: Fixed!

                    Comment


                    • ok thats strange... can somebody tell me why the youtube trailer does not show up? I just posted the youtube trailer for the Admiral movie, it is the first time I did that. Can someone tell me the procedure to post youtube trailers?
                      cheers

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by vado55 View Post
                        ok thats strange... can somebody tell me why the youtube trailer does not show up? I just posted the youtube trailer for the Admiral movie, it is the first time I did that. Can someone tell me the procedure to post youtube trailers?
                        cheers
                        Ok here we go.

                        To post a youtube video first select the youtube buttom located in the advanced reply mode.
                        Then you paste in this part:"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6dwXSMhAxs"
                        Done!
                        “For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

                        Max Sterner

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Erkki View Post
                          Ok here we go.

                          To post a youtube video first select the youtube buttom located in the advanced reply mode.
                          Then you paste in this part:"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6dwXSMhAxs"
                          Done!
                          Ahh ok cool it worked , thanks Erkki

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by vado55 View Post
                            Ahh ok cool it worked , thanks Erkki
                            Your welcome mate
                            “For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

                            Max Sterner

                            Comment


                            • Has anyone seen a movie called "Gibel Imperii"? Just wondering if its good and worth seeing

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by vado55 View Post
                                Has anyone seen a movie called "Gibel Imperii"? Just wondering if its good and worth seeing
                                it is excellent

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X