Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is the Parade at the Anniversary of 50 years of Revolution.

Comment

• Originally posted by SunCat View Post
      NICE!
      "SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM" - " If you want peace, prepare for war".

If acted upon in time, ww2 could have been stopped without a single bullet being fired. - Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Haha, that video is great. Although the dancing is more jumpstyle than breaking.

Comment

• http://www.artpopdvd.com/DVD/48350.aspx
          "ON JUNE 1941" 2008,
          Starring Sergeji Bezrukov,
          who also starred in the movie
          "Pushkin's last Duel", Azazel,
          Brigada, and Esenin.
          http://www.artpopdvd.com/Person/15581.aspx

Has been released at artpopdvd.com.
          Do not confuse this movie with the highly critizised "JUNE'41".

Comment

• Originally posted by Konzev View Post
            http://www.artpopdvd.com/DVD/48350.aspx
            "ON JUNE 1941" 2008,
            Starring Sergeji Bezrukov,
            This is a crap. I think...
            Creators this movie tried to make a hollywood movies killer. They did not make simple middle movie.
            If you try to watch this movies we will see a lot of good scenes of hollywood movies.
            "In case of war guys in dark blue berets will be thrown in a mouth to an aggressor on purpose to break off this mouth"
            Vasily Margelov the father-founder of the Soviet airborne troops

Comment

• Yeah I just watched this movie. It is quite intense. It reminded me of Rambo movie, one man against an army. Very Hollywood type. From the historical point of view its rubbish but if you are after a boevik movie in the Rambo style its quite enjoyable

Comment

• I have seen the first half of the movie. Before the adventures in Rambo style.

It looked very close to the Soviet movie "State Border. June, 1941". The Soviet movie was better...

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrey View Post
                  It looked very close to the Soviet movie "State Border. June, 1941". The Soviet movie was better...
                  I think "ON JUNE 1941" is a plagiarism on the movie "State Border. June, 1941".
                  "In case of war guys in dark blue berets will be thrown in a mouth to an aggressor on purpose to break off this mouth"
                  Vasily Margelov the father-founder of the Soviet airborne troops

Comment

• Nice list. Here are some more.

Another great film is "Strafbat." As the title implies it is the story of several men in a Soviet penal battalion. It is a serial, so it is about 8 hours long, but is full of realistic, violent and bloody action that will satisfy even the most bloodthirsty audience. The film realistically portrays the dirt and pain of an infantryman's war

Another one is "Kwiazda" or "Star." It's about a recon group that discovers a German armored biuld-up and is trying to get back to Russian lines to report it before the German attack. This is another very realistic one.

The last recommendation is a film about the 2nd Chechin war. It's called "Grozovye Vorota" or "Gates of Thunder." It is based on real events of the last stand of a Russian airborne company against 4,000 veteran Muslim soldiers. It's simply excellent!

All of these films are pretty new and are available on the net (Ebay) if you look long and hard enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by pz3j View Post
                      Another great film is "Strafbat." As the title implies it is the story of several men in a Soviet penal battalion. It is a serial, so it is about 8 hours long, but is full of realistic, violent and bloody action that will satisfy even the most bloodthirsty audience. The film realistically portrays the dirt and pain of an infantryman's war
                      "Shtrafbat" is trash. It is not related to true Soviet penal units. Don't watch it. it is false. It was criticized a lot in Russia.

Comment

• My apologies if the following film has already been listed - I couldn't find it when I searched:
                        Aleaxander Der Kleine - Alexandr Malenkiy, is a 1980s Soviet film made with a part DDR crew and cast. It is on Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTVN_6X4jlI
                        along with an interview with its Russian Director who is quite engaging and outspoken about USSR / DDR pressures to alter his film.
                        It is about events in Germany immediately after the war has ended. A Red Army Captain, his Sergeant and driver on an assignment to Berlin, kindly take two orphaned children with them to find their relatives. The assignment with an Occupation newspaper leads them to take the children to a sort of orphanage run by a concentration camp survivor. They stay a while to improve the sad state of the children, even though one is a hostile Hitler Jugend type. However there are some armed and dangerous young "Werwolves" in the nearby woods......
                        Not exactly a war film but still relevant to that period and I found it funny in parts, moving, and well acted - many of the child actors were from children's homes - and highly recommend it.
                        The title role is actually a peripheral character, but, as the Director explains, of symbolic importance.
                        No doubt the story fitted the ideological needs of the 80s for DDR USSR relations, but it nonetheless has a truthful feel about it and accords with some positive aspects I read about the early days of the occupation of Berlin under the Command of General Bersarin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave T View Post
                          My apologies if the following film has already been listed - I couldn't find it when I searched:
                          Aleaxander Der Kleine - Alexandr Malenkiy, is a 1980s Soviet film made with a part DDR crew and cast. It is on Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTVN_6X4jlI
                          along with an interview with its Russian Director who is quite engaging and outspoken about USSR / DDR pressures to alter his film.
                          Yes, I remember it. I saw it what I was a little boy.

It is a good kind movie which shows very well the Soviet/Russian opinion how the Soviets operated towards German civilians...

Comment

• Yesterday I saw two very good movies about NKVD's counterintelligence in WW II:
                            Put v Saturn
                            Konec Saturn .

They are based on the infiltrations of Soviet agents into a Abwehr III training school of nazi spies called "Saturn" whose spies were heavily used especially during the 1941 during the advance to Moscow.
                            Watch these movies, guys. You'll like them.

Comment

• Did anyone see "Tali Ihantala 1944"? Plz tell me your comments.

Comment

• is it a Soviet movie?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X